2021 RAM 1500 Actual Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAL9001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to soon order a 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie with several option packages including the Sport and Off-Road Packages, but not the air suspension option.

I need to know the exact height of the truck down to the last inch. My garage door was framed to a height of only 76" due to the design of the house which is a contemporary, and contemporary houses often have odd designs and dimensions.

I can probably reframe the garage door to 78" and possibly up to 80". This should solve the problem if the truck actually is the specified maximum height of 77", but it's cutting it too close for comfort. I'm not sure if the Shark Fin antenna was included in the height calculation.

I asked the dealer to take an actual measurement and he got back saying that the 77" spec "looks about right" but did not verify it for sure, so that was of no help.

So, I then went to the dealer myself and tried to measure the actual height with a tape measure. However, I couldn't get an accurate measurement due to the contours of the car and not being able to reach the Shark Fin. I may need to try again, this time bringing a four-foot level and set it on top of the shark fin and try again. I'm sure that would go over big at the dealership so I may need to wait until Sunday when nobody's there.

Before I try that crazy maneuver, I was wondering and hoping if anyone here knew the exact height of the RAM including the Shark Fin. I don't expect anyone to have the answer, but you never know. Someone may have accurately measured it for a similar or some other reason. If you know the answer it would be of great help. Thanks.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Take one for a test drive and drive it home. That's what I did with my Rebel in 2017. Ended up with a different Rebel but at least I knew it would fit.

I'm in the same boat as you though....as I supposedly have 7' garage doors but measured they only come out at 82-82.5" (so about 1.5 inches short).... And I want to move to a Power Wagon.

I'll be having to ask the Power Wagon guys to exactly measure their trucks.

Good luck with your info request and search!

OP
OP
HAL9001

HAL9001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take one for a test drive and drive it home. That's what I did with my Rebel in 2017. Ended up with a different Rebel but at least I knew it would fit.

I'm in the same boat as you though....as I supposedly have 7' garage doors but measured they only come out at 82-82.5" (so about 1.5 inches short).... And I want to move to a Power Wagon.

I'll be having to ask the Power Wagon guys to exactly measure their trucks.

Good luck with your info request and search!
I thought about that but my garage door opening is currently only 76" high and I know that's too low. I can reframe it as high as 78-80" but no more is possible. I'm not going to reframe the door (a lot of work) until I know the exact height of the truck.

I was just hoping someone here knew offhand, but hardly anyone measures their truck like that. It was worth a try. This Sunday, when no one is at the dealership, I'll stop by with a 4-foot level and a tape measure to measure from the top of the Shark Fin to the ground.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get a chipping hammer and lower your floor.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
My 2017 1500 Rebel is a hair under 78" to the top of the shark fin. I believe the Rebel's normal height is at least one inch higher than a Laramie. I agree that you should go measure the actual truck you're looking at.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
20180901_123937.jpg mine has the ORP and is right at 80" to the top of the fin. I have a 9070 door and the opening is 83" tall so my '19 laramie has only inches to spare ht. wise and about 2" of clearance on each side at the mirrors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956