2021 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I’ve liked it so far. It was kinda pricey but works well.

I was looking at those on eBay the other day, they had a couple low profile ones that didn’t seem too bad.
I actually put in an order for a vice designs one the other day, so we‘ll see.
I really like the vice stuff. Wayyyyy more heavy duty than the Hooke stuff. If you're gonna see any use out of the bumper at all you made the right choice. Lol

OP
OP
patzzoo

patzzoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Vice stuff seems really nice. I had actually ordered it and then stumbled onto the Hooke road ones literally right after. Was debating canceling the order and going with the cheaper bumper for now, but decided just to stick to the original plan. I don’t see myself being unhappy with it.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The Vice stuff seems really nice. I had actually ordered it and then stumbled onto the Hooke road ones literally right after. Was debating canceling the order and going with the cheaper bumper for now, but decided just to stick to the original plan. I don’t see myself being unhappy with it.
If you're gonna use it even once the vice is a no brainer. I I've seen the hidden winch setup in person and it was burly and imo worth the cost and peace of mind. Hooke road is more looks if I had to cast assumptions

OP
OP
patzzoo

patzzoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Vice Designs bumper came in last week. Pictures before dropping it off at the powder coating shop:

bumper.jpg

bumper3.jpg

bumper4.jpg

bumper2.jpg

Fit and finish look very nice. For as stout as it seems, the weight is not bad. Didn't weight it, but their advertised weight of 98lbs, and I assume a bit more for the skidplate, seems right to me.

OP
OP
patzzoo

patzzoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed over the weekend. I'll post some pictures of the whole thing after I get a chance to take them and sit back down at the computer in a day or two. Everything went together smoothly and fits really well, the longest part was my OCD going nuts trying to line the thing up absolutely perfect all by by myself.
truck1.jpg

Only thing I wasn't completely happy with was how the skidplate ties in with the factory skids. On their website Vice says that their skid will integrate with the factory front diff skid and the two will overlap. I don't like how the two are kind of smashed together and the factory plate is actually flexing a bit from pressing on the Vice skidplate, its harder to see in the pictures but more obvious in person. The mopar power steering skid plate is digging into the Vice plate as well and leaving a slight gap where its not fully seated on the crossmember, which I don't really like.

underside4.jpg

underside3.jpg

underside2.jpg

underside1.jpg

Not the end of the world, could just be the dimensions on my particular truck. I'll probably go pick up a Harbor freight angle grinder and do some amateur fabrication.
I think if take off the front of the differential plate and nip off a bit of the lip on the power steering plate it'll fit together a lot neater.

Last edited:
OP
OP
patzzoo

patzzoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Broke out the angle grinder last weekend and tidied up the skid plate situation. I think it came together pretty well, I cut some off the front of both plates, cleaned up the sharp edges, and hit it with some black spray paint.
skid2.jpg
skid3.jpg
skid1.jpg

Then gave it a much needed bath and vacuum. Think that probably needs to be the extent of the mods for a while...
Truck.jpg