2021 Ram Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Mays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 8cyl
Dang, that was fast. You ordered yours about a week after I ordered mine. And mine is still in D1 status. Hoping it changes to being assembled soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s crazy how this whole thing works from one order to another. Hopefully you will get an update soon on your truck

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
Contacted Ram Chat today just to see if my ram has moved off of D1 status. She told me that what she can tell is that all parts have been received. And my build should start soon. I also asked her if there was a shipped date or build date attached to my VIN yet. She said know. I only asked her bc my dealer told me last week that it’s still in D1 status but there is a Estimated shipping date if 5/24. So was curious if what he told me was correct. Anyone had the same scenario as I have or close to it?

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
Hey guys, I just received my Equipment List this morning off of the FCA website. Anyone know how long after that, that I can expect the truck to ship? 2021 ram 3500 mega cab

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
No, it was in D status Tuesday and then dealer called yesterday to tell me it’s shipped. They think the updates don’t happen like they should, but I don’t know. I don’t think they know much. What I’ve been doing is running the build sheet and it kept coming up not found, but all of a sudden on Monday it generated for me. Then I started ruining the window sticker and it was not coming up until yesterday morning. I think the build sheet gets generated after it’s built, and the window sticker gets generated after it’s sent to the shipping yards. At least, that’s what I’ve gathered from other threads. And it might be correct because the dealer called yesterday to tell me it’s on it’s way.

Hey Pudge, I just was able to see my build sheet this morning. 5-24-21. When was you able to see your window sticker? And where did you go to view it?

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep, much the same story as 2015hd.

Window Sticker popped up 3 days after the Build Sheet and the dealer called my the day after the window sticker popped up and said my truck was shipped.

Build Date on the Window Sticker is the same day my Sticker popped up. Truck is scheduled to show up in Calgary in 3 days. Which, if it does, it took 20 days to ship from Mexico to Calgary Alberta.

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
Yep, much the same story as 2015hd.

Window Sticker popped up 3 days after the Build Sheet and the dealer called my the day after the window sticker popped up and said my truck was shipped.

Build Date on the Window Sticker is the same day my Sticker popped up. Truck is scheduled to show up in Calgary in 3 days. Which, if it does, it took 20 days to ship from Mexico to Calgary Alberta.

I got the build sheet from that link you told me to use my VIN on. And it finally pulled up this morning. Then my dealer called me and told me it has been released from the plant and awaiting transport. He said they should receive it at the dealership by the end of this month. And that is 7 days away. I have a hard time believing it will be here in 7 days tho. One could only hope. And I’ll try that link that 2015hd mentioned and see what I can find out.

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
Go here to see your sticker (insert VIN# after =) https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

3 days after build sheet my sticker showed up, 2 days after that (Saturday) I called my dealer who said it was shipping today (Monday) and I should see it in 2-3 weeks max (in Maine).

So yours is gonna take 2-3 weeks to get to Maine from Mexico? My dealer told me today to expect it by the end of the month. I just have a hard time believing it’s only gonna take 7 days to get from Mexico to Kentucky...

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So yours is gonna take 2-3 weeks to get to Maine from Mexico? My dealer told me today to expect it by the end of the month. I just have a hard time believing it’s only gonna take 7 days to get from Mexico to Kentucky...

I think my dealer likes to be conservative on his estimates but he's usually pretty darn close. He said 2-3 weeks 'max' so I assume it will likely be closer to 2 weeks.

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
Go here to see your sticker (insert VIN# after =) https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

3 days after build sheet my sticker showed up, 2 days after that (Saturday) I called my dealer who said it was shipping today (Monday) and I should see it in 2-3 weeks max (in Maine).

I tried that link. And didn’t have any luck with it. Even tried the vin from my 2019 that I just sold to the dealership. I’m
Sure I am not doing it correct. Lol

CKNOW29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO Diesel
I just spoke with customer care at RAM and my 3500 6.7 HO is supposedly on the train for delivery in the next week to 2 weeks! We shall see if this is true. I ordered in March 2021

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
I think my dealer likes to be conservative on his estimates but he's usually pretty darn close. He said 2-3 weeks 'max' so I assume it will likely be closer to 2 weeks.

I was able to pull up my window sticker today. Someone told me that meant my vehicle was in transport. Hoping it is at least. I am gonna at least plan for two weeks instead of one week for delivery.

OP
OP
J

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
I just spoke with customer care at RAM and my 3500 6.7 HO is supposedly on the train for delivery in the next week to 2 weeks! We shall see if this is true. I ordered in March 2021

I just spoke with my dealership, they told me ETA wants June 16th. It was waiting on shipping Monday if this week. That seems a bit long for a delivery to me. Maybe it will come sooner.

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Oi, starting to feel lucky reading some of these. I ordered mine late February/early March. With the chip issue I was expecting as late as July/August. Ram told me it was being built by mid-April and should be delivered end of May. It showed up on the lot last Friday. So roughly 8 weeks?

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
We ordered a 2021 1500 on February 24. It's built, arriving at dealer 5/24. The delay was the chip shortage related to features on the tow package we got. We were told by two dealers RAM is no longer accepting new builds for 1500s as of 5/6/2021. Not sure how any of this impacts 3500s.

I was told a couple of days ago it's starting to apply to just about all the Rams & Dodges at least. With the delays by the time their coming in the '22s will be getting on the lots so I was told they're not taking anymore '21 orders.

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered 2500 Limited March 21, build completed April 24, expected ETA to dealer June 14. About 12 weeks total.