2021 Ram Classic Factory Order Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If everything went as scheduled, the Warren Michigan assembly plant is now building 2022 Ram Gen 4 1500s

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is an interesting question. I haven't yet seen any indication 2022 MY 1500 Classic production has started. I'll ask the sales manger on Tuesday what model year the factory order application is showing.

2ndRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to wait 3 or 4 months from order to delivery, Ram Classic

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's really interesting. It's amazing all the links you have posted relating to production information. I found an earlier post you made with a link to obtain the build sheet using the VIN number. Thank You! What seems odd in that table you linked to is the 2021 final orders were due on 4/8/21. My 2021 1500 Classic was ordered 8/25/21. The table also lists the 2022 initial order acceptance of 9/9/21. That makes it clear why my order placed 8/25 was a 2021. I don't understand what is meant by "2021 final orders due 4/8" since it was possible to place orders at the end of August. Do you have any insight on this? It's also interesting the RAMtrucks.com web site configurator doesn't list 2022 1500 Classic models, only 2021 model year. The 5th gen 1500, the 2500 and 3500 models all list 2022 model year on the configurator.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
ShortyV8

Donlen is a Fleet Company
They place large orders, like for Civil Service vehicles, like the State of California could place an order for 500 Ram 2500s

The information for fleet orders, may be weeks different from what a dealership may see
That is why the dealerships can place orders earlier than Donlan & Arifleet & dealers can place order after the cut off date for fleet orders.

I post dates from the fleet companies, because Dealership sure are not telling us anything at all

The production dates, ( start & end production ) are the same for everyone

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok that makes sense for fleet orders. I agree there is very little definitive future information coming from dealers. I'll ask the ordering guy at the dealer I used if he is placing orders for 2022 1500 Classic units. It's just for curiosity. I do appreciate your sharing of information.

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everyone,

The truck came in exactly as ordered and she's a looker. Initial quality is excellent. I haven't detected any flaws. Working through the break in process. Drove her home and spent about 40 miles on the interstate with light throttle, varying speeds between 60 and 75 and varying RPM. Got home to read the owner's manual which states "After the initial 60 miles, speeds up to 50-55 mph are desirable". Oh well, to late for that... With the 3.92 gears she turns about 2k rpm at 75mph in top gear. That seems pretty reasonable and the motor has plenty of torque to moderately accelerate from that speed without downshifting. First impression is the 3.92 gears are a good choice. The Ram Boxes are a nice convenience and a good choice with a standard cab. The 4wd truck is high so I'm installing a BesTop folding rear bumper step today and Luverne Grip Step wheel to wheel running boards go on tomorrow. The wife can barely get in and has insisted on wide, solid grippy steps. She saw the grip step and the debate for a more stylish looking step was over.

GTYankee - Consistent with what you have already said, the sales manager did confirm they are now ordering 2022 1500 Classic models and the Ram Boxes are still available.

Ram.jpgRam Rear.jpg

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I started a new build on a 2022 Classic. Is it normal to show no information on the vin# when I type it in to those build sheet and window sticker sights that were posted in this thread? Even though my salesman gave me my vin#?
Thanks,
Matt

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
wait approximately 1 month from your Order Acceptance date
( that first month is all paper shuffling )

Then put your VIN# on the form below, using capital letters

CrazyTrain62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Everyone,

The truck came in exactly as ordered and she's a looker. Initial quality is excellent. I haven't detected any flaws. Working through the break in process. Drove her home and spent about 40 miles on the interstate with light throttle, varying speeds between 60 and 75 and varying RPM. Got home to read the owner's manual which states "After the initial 60 miles, speeds up to 50-55 mph are desirable". Oh well, to late for that... With the 3.92 gears she turns about 2k rpm at 75mph in top gear. That seems pretty reasonable and the motor has plenty of torque to moderately accelerate from that speed without downshifting. First impression is the 3.92 gears are a good choice. The Ram Boxes are a nice convenience and a good choice with a standard cab. The 4wd truck is high so I'm installing a BesTop folding rear bumper step today and Luverne Grip Step wheel to wheel running boards go on tomorrow. The wife can barely get in and has insisted on wide, solid grippy steps. She saw the grip step and the debate for a more stylish looking step was over.

GTYankee - Consistent with what you have already said, the sales manager did confirm they are now ordering 2022 1500 Classic models and the Ram Boxes are still available.

View attachment 477565View attachment 477566
That is a beautiful truck :)

daleone3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone here ordered a ram classic and received information on delivery time? I ordered mine on 04.28.2021 and the dealer is saying they still have no information to update me on.
I ordered one on Dec 1, was told 8-12 weeks. It was assigned a VIN about a month later and the dealer told me yesterday the truck was completed in the system and set to ship within 2-3 days putting arrival at the dealer around Feb 15 which would be exactly 12 weeks to the day. They were not able to update beyond that during this time. The only thing I was told was when the VIN was assigned and the completion. I ordered a 1500 Classic Reg Cab Shortbed with the blackout package if that helps.
Good timing because I just got my autostop eliminator and Pedal commander this week so should be good to go.