2021 RAM features and Specs - from FCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In some cases with big old scratches!

Interested to see how effective it is, since it does not have the trailer measurements like the Ford system.
But it DOES take trailer measurements !! So at least equal to Ford, if not better...

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
But it DOES take trailer measurements !! So at least equal to Ford, if not better...
It may be using the same Magna TAD system that Ford is, the newer TAD2, or something else. TAD's the only one I see details for.

If there is no trailer sticker the question comes down to how well it's tracking the trailer.

The Fast Lane Truck hosts were the source of the no sticker and no measurements information, and so far it seems at least one part is wrong based on based on RAMs comment, so they could both be in error.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

It may be using the same Magna TAD system that Ford is, the newer TAD2, or something else. TAD's the only one I see details for.

If there is no trailer sticker the question comes down to how well it's tracking the trailer.

The Fast Lane Truck hosts were the source of the no sticker and no measurements information, and so far it seems at least one part is wrong based on based on RAMs comment, so they could both be in error.
While the 2021 owner’s manual is not released yet, I did find a brief description of the trailer reverse steering module on the 2021 Ram service pages- 4BPON58.jpg

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
While the 2021 owner’s manual is not released yet, I did find a brief description of the trailer reverse steering module on the 2021 Ram service pages- 4BPON58.jpg
It was this section in the manual, and the TFL mention, that lead me to believe the no sticker/no measurement information. I did not have access to see if there are other sections that refer to stickers or trailer information entry.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'd really like a rear defrost option on my rear window with the slider.

Not sure why you think that's not an option. It was an option on 4th gens, and so far it's been an option for 2019 and 2020 models. And I have no reason to believe it won't be an option for 2021. The link you quoted is for new features, not for existing ones. If you don't have a rear defrost it's because either you or the dealer you bought it from did not order the truck with one.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have not done a comparison build for the 2021 trucks but with the 2020 ones a Bighorn with all the options to configure it the same as a Laramie with the same accessories provided a MSRP that was $5,000 less.

It is worth taking the time to see what the total build costs with the different models fully configured. Ram naturally does not make this easy to do but it is not terribly difficult.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have not done a comparison build for the 2021 trucks but with the 2020 ones a Bighorn with all the options to configure it the same as a Laramie with the same accessories provided a MSRP that was $5,000 less.

It is worth taking the time to see what the total build costs with the different models fully configured. Ram naturally does not make this easy to do but it is not terribly difficult.
You can't configure a Big Horn to be the same as a Laramie. But I agree that it is worth taking the time to see what the total build costs are compared with different models. If you don't care about the standard features you get with the Laramie that aren't possible with the Big Horn (ventilated leather trimmed seats for example) then you could save money if you opt for a Bit Horn.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

3 km/h does not equal 5 mph... I think they have it backwards.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
3 km/h does not equal 5 mph... I think they have it backwards.
It wouldn’t be the first time in history that a manufacturer misworded something in the owner’s manual. It’s obvious what they meant, though.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
New Ram 1500 Snow Plow Prep option includes a 220-amp alternator, truck-side plow wiring harness and a rear power-sliding window with defroster.

There have been several comments about this.

I don't think they are saying the sliding rear window with defroster is a new option. For sure, it's not. I have it on my '20 that was built in Oct '19.

The new option is the Snow Plow Prep. Which happens to include the sliding rear window with defroster.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet I can configure a tradesman with sport or night packages. Wonder how long that will last

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I had no trouble configuring a Big Horn to be virtually the same as a Laramie. One needs to add the Level 2 Equipment Group at $2,500 and the Premium Lighting Group at $995 and the 5-passenger seating to get bucket seats at $595 ($895 for the Laramie), to get something on par with the Laramie. The only option exclusive to the Laramie are power running boards which I find to be a stupid thing to put on anything other than a motorhome.

Every performance and safety option for the Laramie is available for the Bighorn and I do not consider auto dimming headlights or rain sensing wipers safety features but conveniences. I have not trouble dimming the headlights or turning on the windshield wipers myself.

For a 2021 Laramie I would be paying $5,540 more than for a comparatively very well equipped Bighorn and I would have nothing to show for the extra money spent. In terms of what I would end up paying a dealer the diffence is probably more like $3,500 but that is still money I would rather put elsewhere.