2021 Ram Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoopster58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L etorque
Well I have been reading alot of posts here regarding Ram truck 1500 with etorque. I am on m second truck. First one ran like riding in a boat. Just glides down the road. After about 3 weeks it did not start. Was told loose cable on battery. Than 2 weeks later it was a same issue would not start. With rear camera sin not working.
Told us it is the modular, but corporate told them to wait (will not happen again )until computer update comes out. We'll 2 weeks again in the shop this time engine light came on.
Cannot remember what the excuse was but they fixed something. And AGAIN 2 weeks later will not start.
So we returned the truck(we specially ordered this truck).
So finally get all monies back. Go looking for another Ram 1500 laramie.
Only to find they are 12k more.
They would not honor the incentives we had. So we had to fight with Corporate for about 5 weeks( thinking they were hoping we would go away) finally got moat of them back. But still short 2 k. But 0 financing made up the difference. Love my Ram until 2 weeks of ownership won't start. Was there yesterday and was told we cannot find a issue.
I SAID HERE WE GO AGAIN.
Service manager looked blank in his expression and said I don't want to give the truck back we cannot find and fix solution. I asked him about a got line with all your stores. Where I have looked and found the same issue as mine. That they can reach out and communicate with others who are having these problems. He said they have such a got line, but takes a while to get answers. I said I will not take ir back until it has a answer. I can sit there as one as it wants. Still counts for lemon law. This time I will see a lawyer if not fixed properly.
My Dad says go to another maker. I will not . Ram has the best looking trucks and featured.
Does anyone with similar issues ever get it resolved. What's the answer.
Thanks in advance

OutpostRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Friend had a 2012 ram 1500 Hemi. Had a similar issue with not starting. The dealer installed an additional ground strap in the engine compartment. Not sure from what component to what area, but had zero issues after that until he traded the truck in for a Joop Wrangler 7 years later.