2021 Ram Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Hey guys my name is Jesse, I currently have a 1997 Dakota Sport 4x4 regular cab, short bed with the V6 5 speed and just over 250,000 miles, it's my first car I bought it 9 years ago and although I'm not getting rid of it, I'm about to order a new Ram. I've been waiting years and years to buy a house first and since I'm going to closing next week, it's finally time to get my first brand new vehicle. I refuse to buy in stock because I want to custom build it with all my options instead of compromising and luckily my Mom works as the head service writer at a dealership so I'm pretty much gonna pay dealer cost and I couldn't be more excited. I always thought I'd get another regular cab, but out of practicality and the fact they don't even sell the Sport badged as an R/T anymore I think I'm gonna go for the Warlock Q/C.

I personally am not crazy about the 5th gen and love the fact they are still making the Classic so I figured it's now or never to get one brand spanking new. I have a few questions though and I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out. So originally I was thinking of ordering the 2020 Warlock but about 2 weeks ago news dropped that Ram was continuing to make the Classic into 2021 and that the new Warlock would have an off-road package with 17's similar to the Rebel instead of the 20's shared by the Express. Personally I'm indifferent on the wheels, I don't see myself doing much off-roading but I know I like the fact the new package will offer a full size spare. Unfortunately Ram's website doesn't offer any info yet on the 2021 Classic but you can still go on their website to build/price a 2019 model....

My real question is what are the differences between a 4th gen Ram Rebel (up to 2018) and the new Ram Warlock? They look almost identical especially if the 2021 is coming with the off-road wheel & tires, I see the Rebel had an aluminum hood but I believe the Warlock has a steel one, other than that it seems like the Warlock is essentially a Chrysler parts bin special of leftover Rebel parts. The interior seems to be done up in the Rebel with lots of painted bezels and such but from what I've read you're essentially getting the same powertrain and suspension on the Warlock. If I'm not mistaken the Rebel only came in a Crew Cab configuration with the shorter bed and being that I already own a truck and know how nice it is to move my motorcycle or ATV with the full 6 and a half foot bed, I kinda like the fact I can order the Warlock as a Quad Cab instead. If anyone can elaborate more I'd love to hear, it seems like a great truck, I'm pricing out a fully loaded V8 4x4 with towing upgrades and other options and it seems like I'm coming right in the ballpark of a $51,000 MSRP

Thank you

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best place for sneak-peak news on Ram stuff: https://moparinsiders.com/the-2021-ram-1500-classic-warlock-adds-new-all-terrain-package-its-lineup/

RAM is introducing a new “Warlock All-Terrain” Package (order code ASJ) for the 2021 model year. The package will include the following…

• Yokohama Brand Tires (TZY)
  • LT265/70R17E BSW All-Terrain Tires (TTB)
  • Full-Size Spare Tire (TBB)
  • Wheel Center Hub (WMJ)
  • 17-inch x 8-inch Matte Black “Rebel” Aluminum Wheels (WFF)
  • Front & Rear All-Weather Floor Mats (CLF)
Seems like a no-brainer to order one if you're getting it at cost one way or another, if nothing more than the sake of added resale value. Even if you know you're going to put 500K miles on it until you have to flinstone it around through the rust holes, if your car is ever totaled it'll have higher value so there's that.

OP
OP
theJester517

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Jessica,

That article was actually the one I saw and read and I've been checking back hoping for updates but still nothing. I'm going into the dealership tomorrow to check out a 2018 Rebel and might take a ride out to 2 other dealerships that have 2020 Warlocks in stock, I'm gonna compare them first hand but I'm just trying to see if there's anything I'm missing

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
As I understand it, the warlock is a cheaper budget version of the rebel. Still nice though.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey guys my name is Jesse, I currently have a 1997 Dakota Sport 4x4 regular cab, short bed with the V6 5 speed and just over 250,000 miles, it's my first car I bought it 9 years ago and although I'm not getting rid of it, I'm about to order a new Ram. I've been waiting years and years to buy a house first and since I'm going to closing next week, it's finally time to get my first brand new vehicle. I refuse to buy in stock because I want to custom build it with all my options instead of compromising and luckily my Mom works as the head service writer at a dealership so I'm pretty much gonna pay dealer cost and I couldn't be more excited. I always thought I'd get another regular cab, but out of practicality and the fact they don't even sell the Sport badged as an R/T anymore I think I'm gonna go for the Warlock Q/C.

I personally am not crazy about the 5th gen and love the fact they are still making the Classic so I figured it's now or never to get one brand spanking new. I have a few questions though and I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out. So originally I was thinking of ordering the 2020 Warlock but about 2 weeks ago news dropped that Ram was continuing to make the Classic into 2021 and that the new Warlock would have an off-road package with 17's similar to the Rebel instead of the 20's shared by the Express. Personally I'm indifferent on the wheels, I don't see myself doing much off-roading but I know I like the fact the new package will offer a full size spare. Unfortunately Ram's website doesn't offer any info yet on the 2021 Classic but you can still go on their website to build/price a 2019 model....

My real question is what are the differences between a 4th gen Ram Rebel (up to 2018) and the new Ram Warlock? They look almost identical especially if the 2021 is coming with the off-road wheel & tires, I see the Rebel had an aluminum hood but I believe the Warlock has a steel one, other than that it seems like the Warlock is essentially a Chrysler parts bin special of leftover Rebel parts. The interior seems to be done up in the Rebel with lots of painted bezels and such but from what I've read you're essentially getting the same powertrain and suspension on the Warlock. If I'm not mistaken the Rebel only came in a Crew Cab configuration with the shorter bed and being that I already own a truck and know how nice it is to move my motorcycle or ATV with the full 6 and a half foot bed, I kinda like the fact I can order the Warlock as a Quad Cab instead. If anyone can elaborate more I'd love to hear, it seems like a great truck, I'm pricing out a fully loaded V8 4x4 with towing upgrades and other options and it seems like I'm coming right in the ballpark of a $51,000 MSRP

Thank you

Welcome Jesse

The warlock is a package with badges and decals. the suspension in the front is 1" higher than a sport or big horn. The rebel is a completely different truck. The warlock is compared the the standard 1500. The rebel has better suspension, rock guards, special interiors, etc.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome Jesse

The warlock is a package with badges and decals. the suspension in the front is 1" higher than a sport or big horn. The rebel is a completely different truck. The warlock is compared the the standard 1500. The rebel has better suspension, rock guards, special interiors, etc.

...and slightly larger tires. My '17 Rebel arrived stock with LT285/70-17E.

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked with my dealer yesterday and also on the Costco Auto site and the "Warlock All-Terrain" package is not yet available :(. You can now order a 2021 Warlock though.

Strange that the package was listed on the Costco Auto site over a month ago :confused:. Curious when this All-Terrain package will be available :D.

OP
OP
theJester517

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Thanks for the info guys, I stopped by my Mom's dealership and checked out and test drove a used 2018 Rebel, I'm still yet to take the hour and a half ride out to check some Warlocks. But so far it seems the three biggest differences are the air suspension, the Rebel came factory with Billstein shocks compared to the traditional coil springs, the colorful interior, and the availability of a quad cab. Quick Shifter, I'm curious about the rock guards you mentioned, right now it gives the option to add skid plates for the 2020 model.

I went and put the VIN number for that 2018 in to view the Moroney label at

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR7YT5JS236273

and the MSRP is listed at $54,000 and change, to build a comparable 2020 Warlock on Ram's website comes out to $51,000 and change ($48,500 for a Q/C). God knows what the off road package is gonna cost for 2021 but realistically after reading about the reviews on the Rebel's air suspension and hearing first hand from my Mom working in the service department, I'm kinda glad I won't have that expensive add on to worry about. A little bummed that the interior is so basic but I guess I can always add some color after the fact. All in all it doesn't even seem like the Warlock is that great of a deal but I just can't get behind the fifth gen styling, at least on the 1500. The 2500/3500 is nice especially the new Power Wagon but you're in a whole new territory of pricing with that truck.

I'll post an update when I make it out to that dealership to check out the Warlocks, I know they have both quad and crew cabs and they have the Flame Red I'm interested in getting. Unfortunately they don't have any with Ram boxes which is something I'm really up in the air about, they're so damn practical but in my opinion they take away from the streamline of the truck and I know it takes away considerably from the bed space which could be the difference of fitting my motorcycle in the back caddy-corner and closing the tailgate or having to leave it open.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is your goal to buy brand new to be the original owner? If so, don't buy used. You'll likely regret every issue the truck has and blame yourself for buying used.

However, if you like the look of a rebel but don't care for the interior, then go for the warlock. You can upgrade everything else down the road. You can go really cheap with spacers to cheap with bilsteins or expensive with thuren or Carli to get the right look you're chasing. You can still upgrade the interior down the road to match if that's your selling point... or just go even cheaper on a brand new classic big horn and upgrade everything and enable it in alfaobd

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So the R/T badged trucks was only an appearance package. It had the hood with the fake vents, dual exhaust, body colored bumpers and the projector/led lights (plus the R/T badge). So I made my own. When I purchased my 2019 1500 regular cab short bed 2WD with the Hemi, it came with the body matched bumpers and single exhast. It doesn't have the hood or the projector lights, but personally I don't like fake vents. And I think the light output of the reflector lights is better. So I went on moparparts.com, and for $60 purchased an R/T badge for an earlier sport model and it clipped right into my grille in the factory position. The 1500's that come with a single exhaust are already made for the dual exhaust set up. I purchased a Borla stainless steel dual exhaust kit that bolted right in and utilized all the factory mounting points. Even the factory exhaust is bolted together now and I was able to swap out the single cat back system and install the new in about an hour and a half. Not to mention I didn't use the Borla muffler, I swapped that for a single in-dual out muffler delete pipe. The sound is amazing but cruising at 75 it's still quiet in the cab. You can also purchase the factory projector/led lights if you wish and switch them out. With Alfa OBD you then reprogram the ECM by "telling" it the truck has led lights and the projector housings and everything will work as if it came from the factory. Bottom line is you can get a Classic Ram and kinda make it the model you want with the OEM parts available out there. Not to mention the price, I got my Hemi for $26k brand new and for about $1,500 I made it the model I wanted.

20200302_193451.jpg

20200307_134415.jpg

View attachment 224293

20200307_174116.jpg

20200307_135056.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would suggest the crew cab and 6.4 ft bed if available on the Warlock.

Btw, if not already mentioned, all hoods are aluminum.

OP
OP
theJester517

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Hey guys to answer your question I'm looking to buy brand new and keep it for myself, and considering the discount I anticipate getting through my connection I don't think I have to worry about overpaying. Personally I would love if they made the Warlock in Crew Cab with the 6 and a half foot bed, my step father has his 2014 2500 6 Speed turbo diesel in that set up and it's nice, but for how much bed you lose on the common crew cab, it's worth it to me to buy the quad cab, otherwise I would really consider getting a used Rebel, or possibly even getting a new 5th gen or even going all the way out to Salmon, ID to buy this brand new leftover

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...Code1=RAM&modelCode1=RM1500&clickType=listing

6 Speed Cummins I love the regular cab, I know the R/T was just an appearance package but for years I anticipated I would buy a Sport regular cab. I live in NY so I was gonna get the 4x4 but with the Hemi and 3.92s its the same powertrain just with a transfer case added so why not add R/T badges, I was always curious about adding the stock 22" that came on the 2WD but I didn't know how I would correct the speedo and shift points. As I've been on this forum longer and longer I keep seeing stuff about this AlphaOBD and I'm interested. I bought a Craftsman code reader probably 8 years ago and still have it but it appears I'll be buying that set up because there's plenty to unlock with it. If nothing else I'll get it to program some more keys because I'm psychotic and like having 4 remotes to all of my vehicles. If anyone knows of anything else that I could unlock on a Warlock that would be worthwhile please let me know.