2022 10th Anniversary Limited Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash55

Reaction score
I am looking at ordering a 2022 RAM 1500. I came across the 10th Anniversary Limted Edition and like the looks of it. According to the various websites I have seen it is supposed to come in the Blue Shade and that theat color is exclusive to the anniversary edition. However when I went through the build process at two different dealers only the standard colors were available. Anyone have any ideas what will happen if I order it in a standard color?

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered one in Patriot Blue this morning. You should get whatever color you order.

Dave-B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just ordered one in Patriot Blue this morning. You should get whatever color you order.
What did they tell you the delivery time was going to be? I ordered one last week and they said 4 to 6 months. Hopefully, they are under promising so they can over deliver (i.e.; deliver early rather than deliver late)

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did they tell you the delivery time was going to be? I ordered one last week and they said 4 to 6 months. Hopefully, they are under promising so they can over deliver (i.e.; deliver early rather than deliver late)
Dealer has no idea. It seems Canada is always last on the list. My nephew is waiting on 5th gen 1500 truck ordered in February that is now moved to a 2022. I am still waiting on a Jeep SRT from February but am told they won't build it. So I ordered a Durango Hellcat about a month ago. Getting told not to expect it. Mean while US dealers are still ordering and getting a VIN within days. If I have the new truck next summer I'll be surprised. I'm really getting annoyed with the way they allot vehicles to dealers. I really don't want the new truck before next fall but if you don't order you won't see one!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This year & last are completely different from other years

There are people ordering sunroofs, 360 view & the high dollar stuff, their orders will not be filled until Ram gets a truck load of computer chips that are current not available

They just started building Ram 1500 new style on September 8th
They started building Ram 2500s on September 9th

They are not building any dealership stock
They are only building Customer Orders, known as a SOLD ORDER
Likely your name will be on the bottom of the paper work

Hopefully you will all see a STATUS of D1 real soon,
D1 means Gateway, that means it has a date & time that the Rams Frame will be laid on the Assembly Line Track
At almost the same time all the sheet metal makes its way along a different track & gets dipped in corrosion resistant bath & then painted.
Further down the line the sheet metal is lowered onto the frame which already has the engine & everything on it

Once the frame is laid, it takes about 16 hours for your Ram to be assembled with all the stock pieces.
It will get the spray liners, tonneau covers, bed steps, nerf bars and all those other addons after it leaves the assembly line

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There are people ordering sunroofs, 360 view & the high dollar stuff, their orders will not be filled until Ram gets a truck load of computer chips that are current not available
Plenty of trucks with these features have already been built.
They just started building Ram 1500 new style on September 8th
They started building Ram 2500s on September 9th
1500 DT production started September 13, HD Rams started production August 9.
They are not building any dealership stock
They are only building Customer Orders, known as a SOLD ORDER
Likely your name will be on the bottom of the paper work
Actually, the opposite seems to be the case. They have built far more dealership stock orders than they have sold orders so far.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I am looking at ordering a 2022 RAM 1500. I came across the 10th Anniversary Limted Edition and like the looks of it. According to the various websites I have seen it is supposed to come in the Blue Shade and that theat color is exclusive to the anniversary edition. However when I went through the build process at two different dealers only the standard colors were available. Anyone have any ideas what will happen if I order it in a standard color?
I had the same experience with the color. Only Patriot Blue ( only blue option ) was available. No mention of a “special shade of blue“ on the order sheet. Honestly in all the pics I saw, it looks like Patriot Blue.
Gonna wait till they start showing up. No hurry.

b-real

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any idea as to when build and price for '22s will be on the website?

iml8agn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if the truck has a D1 status, how long before it makes it to the dealer?

iml8agn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered on 4 Sep and my delaer texted me my VIN on 20 Sep. So let's see how long the wait is
SO if you have a VIN is there a way to see if it's actually being built? Our truck said D1 status two weeks ago.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SO if you have a VIN is there a way to see if it's actually being built? Our truck said D1 status two weeks ago.

You can check to see if you have a build sheet yet here:

If your build sheet shows up there it means your truck has been built, once the window sticker is available it means the truck has completed the vendor accessory install and has ship date. You can look up the window sticker here:

As of the last update I saw, there have been over 10,000 22 rams built, many have build sheets but none (other than 2 press vehicles) have window stickers. Which means they are building them and parking them for whatever reason, for now.

iml8agn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plenty of trucks with these features have already been built.

1500 DT production started September 13, HD Rams started production August 9.

Actually, the opposite seems to be the case. They have built far more dealership stock orders than they have sold orders so far.
We have a vin and the dealership told us the truck was in D1 Status over two weeks ago but still no equipment sheet for our truck...:(

dlucoski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I had same issue, dealer told me sight should open 4 November and new color Blue Shade will be option.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Damn, i am going to have to study up on Uconnect 5
It seems like it uses Amazon Alexa
I don't own a Smart Phone & i don't want to have one
( i do expect to order a new Ram just before my extended warranty expires, January 2023 )