2022 3500 Cummins Dually/ Need advice on tuner and delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParallaxReign

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
New ram is on the way and would like to get a tuner and delete the truck, all advice is welcome

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't tune and delete it. That is my advice. Keep your warranty in tact. Also, not sure you can even get a tuner or delete kit anymore

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Where there’s a will there IS a way, we just can’t talk about it here......or openly.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Where there’s a will there IS a way, we just can’t talk about it here......or openly.

No reason not to AFAIAC. There never was a "kit" per se. You could get all the parts and work with a local shop to make it happen as I did with my 2017 CTD.

But it's getting harder to get the parts and shop services. Federal and state EPA departments have really cracked down on device makers and the shops doing the work even if they are within a "no testing required" area. The shop I had my work done was sued repeatedly by the state I lived in.

Here is some background if you are interested:

Diesel World - Is The EPA Coming For You?

EPA Crackdown on Emissions Devices

ZB39

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ISB
Why would you delete? I have never had an issue with any of the diesel trucks I've had. Millions of others would say the same.

jballer3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would you delete? I have never had an issue with any of the diesel trucks I've had. Millions of others would say the same.
lol you say that until your electrical warranty run out and you have a module on def system that cost 700 to replace probably more now, def systems are junk literally are made to fail. i would say millions of others would also not agree with your statement.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
His being in Connecticut would be the main reason not to. I loved my CTD but I could read the handwriting on the wall. Emissions systems parts are stupid high priced if you can even find them. I can replace my Hemi engine for what a DPF or SCR cost. The cost of a turbo actuator is crazy if you can find one. The Cummins engine itself is literally bullet proof but the rest of the truck and the emissions are an electrical nightmare. I would not and did not delete mine for those very reasons. If something electrical goes out on it, nobody will touch it.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
1642368327866.png Google it.

Just keep in mind as MD mentioned EPA and states are cracking down. Most tuners are small businesses and quickly fold under the weight of government action. You will then be without support for the engine management system of your truck. I would definitely keep anything you take off so you can revert in the event the unthinkable happens.

I kind of went the opposite. I bought a complete kit a few years ago and keep it just in case some crazy expensive or unobtainable part goes bad. I went through the DEF pump nightmare a few years ago. I was without my truck for 30+ days. To this day those pumps are still on national backorder and very hard to find. The prices are even more nuts then a few years back.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
The arguments of keeping it stock because the potential of electrical issues , def heaters, price of the components, ect. makes NO sense since a DELETE eliminates all of those components. And if things go bad in your state, or you need to take it to the dealer for some reason, a delete is completely reversible in one afternoon.

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Videos are all over YouTube , easy enough to find if you really want to explore it.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
2022's have not been figured out yet to my knowledge, the canbus system changed thanks to the new version of uconnect of all things. They should soon though. With that being said, yes there are good tuners out there and yes the hard parts are still easy to find. Just gotta start looking across the US border to the north.

To delete or not to delete - my '21 had a stuck EGR valve at 3,000 miles. I'll leave my comment at that.