2022 3500 Limited TTPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loco5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I purchased a 2022 RAM 3500 Limited, Cummins HO engine. I opted for the “Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System”. The truck came with Mopar sensors to be installed in the trailer wheels. The dealer from whom I purchased the truck, Crown RAM of Chattanooga, installed the sensors in the wheels. I then asked if they needed to be programed in any way and was told “just start going, and it will all start working”. I was misinformed. The system didn’t just start working.

I read the book. I watched You Tube. Then I performed the required pairing of the sensors to the truck. What is supposed to happen is, first you set up the procedure on the screen. Then you let 5lbs of air out of tire one and the horn will sound once. After 3 minutes if the system did not pair the horn will sound 3 times.

I have tried this procedure many times. Some times one sensor will pair, the horn will sound once, but the next tire will not pair. But most of the times nothing happens. i.e. Set up, let out air, wait for horn to sound, but nothing happens.

I took the rig, truck and trailer, to a RAM dealership and had them try it. They got the same results that I got. After working on it for about out 5 hours they gave up.

Seeking real help or advise.

I contacted Stellantis, RAM Body Builder Support Group (all by email, of course). They suggested several things, none of which worked.

OP
OP
L

loco5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Does anyone know how to keep screen from going out of “backup camera” mode when shifting from reverse to drive? (12 inch Uconnect gen 5 RAM) Or, for that matter, making the screen stay in a selected mode?

red22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i also have the same ttms i ordered with my 2022 laramie 1500 , took to dealership and they cannot get it to
work either, the sensors pair, but the info center says ttpm not configured, dealer checked the frequency of the trailer
sensors and the factory truck sensors and and they all were the same frequency, trailer sensor frequency cannot be same as trucks or it would conflict.
they said they would have talk with factory and see why this is. wait and see what factory says

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don' t think you can make it stay in reverse camera mode but on mine you can select the button on the bottom right of the home screen that brings up some options. This is where the "side step deploy", and some other options are. One of which is the backup camera. It will stay on for about 30 seconds when selected. Don't think there is a way to make it stay on.

justjumpit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
I purchased a 2022 RAM 3500 Limited, Cummins HO engine. I opted for the “Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System”. The truck came with Mopar sensors to be installed in the trailer wheels. The dealer from whom I purchased the truck, Crown RAM of Chattanooga, installed the sensors in the wheels. I then asked if they needed to be programed in any way and was told “just start going, and it will all start working”. I was misinformed. The system didn’t just start working.

I read the book. I watched You Tube. Then I performed the required pairing of the sensors to the truck. What is supposed to happen is, first you set up the procedure on the screen. Then you let 5lbs of air out of tire one and the horn will sound once. After 3 minutes if the system did not pair the horn will sound 3 times.

I have tried this procedure many times. Some times one sensor will pair, the horn will sound once, but the next tire will not pair. But most of the times nothing happens. i.e. Set up, let out air, wait for horn to sound, but nothing happens.

I took the rig, truck and trailer, to a RAM dealership and had them try it. They got the same results that I got. After working on it for about out 5 hours they gave up.

Seeking real help or advise.

I contacted Stellantis, RAM Body Builder Support Group (all by email, of course). They suggested several things, none of which worked.
Are you having any luck getting this system to work? I just had my sensors installed on my trailer and have set them up 2br but it isn’t saving. I had to let way more than 5 psi out. I just kept letting air out of each tire till the horn chirped. Both times I tried it showed successful set to 80 psi on the screen and I filled my tires then drove away. Excited to test it out on a trip the next morning and showed up assuming it would pair when I got close to the trailer. But the screen read not configured.
Love to hear if you have figured it out.

Attachments

• F0EF8543-45DC-491C-8EB2-7957B65B2FD7.jpeg
    F0EF8543-45DC-491C-8EB2-7957B65B2FD7.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 96B28C6B-C998-4908-9D5D-87EA71859ACC.jpeg
    96B28C6B-C998-4908-9D5D-87EA71859ACC.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 2

ccream26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Anyone have the trailer TPMS worked out yet?
I put the sensors that came with the truck in the RV tires.
I tried to pair and it was difficult to get it to take all four tires, but eventually it did. The dash had the 4 RV tires pressure.
Then I hooked up, went to drive away and it says "Not configured"
Now I'm trying to repair and I can't get it to do anything at all.
I hit Start, and it never even times out. Just stays on the "waiting for tire 1" screen.
This is so frustrating. This was a $445 option that everyone seems to have problems with.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm having this issue with my 22 Ltd Longhorn 2500 also. I read about it so decided to check. I'd installed and paired my sensors when I got my new truck a year ago and figured it was saved. Nope, all settings were gone. So I repaired them last week before pulling my trailer. All worked fine as far as pairing, but the info was gone again a few hours later when I started the pull.

Has anyone had this setting stick? Going to have to start a warranty claim.