2022 Camping season...preps...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
For the newbie rv'ers.

Man those were all great and many of the reasons I'm thinking about making this my last camping season for awhile. As Loudram stated, please do us all a favor and be mindful of them so we can enjoy our camping trip too.

At the top of that list for me is people who think they need to leave their bright, annoying led lights on at night, especially the ones on the nose of the trailer so it lights up the site across the street so much you can't even enjoy a campfire, same with awning lights or curb side lights. If your afraid of the dark stay in the city. Lol.

Sorry guys...that's a big one for me....the total lack of parenting these days is also hitting new highs (or lows as it is). Kids running around, yelling, acting up, rude, parents no where to be found or act like they dont care.

I really am getting old. Starting to sound like I remember my grandparents talk.lol....

Who knows? With the coronavirus, now the war in Ukraine, the state of the world in general, Russia talking about readying nukes, etc, maybe Jesus will come back soon? When He does my camper will be vacant and available. :angels2:

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
We just got 4 inches...it melted every where but the shade. 6 to 8 tomorrow.

The big issue right now is the frost is out of the ground...so MUD.

Hate ripping up our camping spots with 15000 pounds of combination.

The only thing I dislike about a HeftyDuty...they sink in the soft Earth
Same in my neck of the woods sir, total mud/sponge pit.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Man those were all great and many of the reasons I'm thinking about making this my last camping season for awhile. As Loudram stated, please do us all a favor and be mindful of them so we can enjoy our camping trip too.

At the top of that list for me is people who think they need to leave their bright, annoying led lights on at night, especially the ones on the nose of the trailer so it lights up the site across the street so much you can't even enjoy a campfire, same with awning lights or curb side lights. If your afraid of the dark stay in the city. Lol.

Sorry guys...that's a big one for me....the total lack of parenting these days is also hitting new highs (or lows as it is). Kids running around, yelling, acting up, rude, parents no where to be found or act like they dont care.
The last two years have been the worst we've seen. The corona campers don't know much about camping manners.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
The last two years have been the worst we've seen. The corona campers don't know much about camping manners.
Yes sir, that's my experience as well.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
In about a month, all the Snowbirds are going to pack up & get out of the Southern California an Arizona Deserts
They will head north about 1,000 plus miles until October & then come South again

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Wow, now that's impressive! Awesome and beautiful mountains.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Who knows? With the coronavirus, now the war in Ukraine, the state of the world in general, Russia talking about readying nukes, etc, maybe Jesus will come back soon? When He does my camper will be vacant and available. :angels2:
And AMEN! Its always great to find another evangelical in online forums.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The weather is getting nicer out. I just cleaned out and reorganized my front pass thru. I got rid of the cheap white water hoses for a new hose.

I thought about getting a Zero G but I heard too many bad things about them. The two main issues are that they leak from under the fittings and they can develop mold because it's hard to get all the water out of them.

The hose I ended up getting is the Fitt Force Pro. It comes in 50' lengths and it stores flat when not in use. I have it wrapped up on a cord reel and I set it in a kitty litter pan I bought at Walmart in case it drips. But rolling it up gets most of the water out of it. Amazon carries it but I bought it at Home Depot.

It takes up very little room and I freed up enough space to put my grill in the pass thru. The pass thru is on the smaller side due to the under bed storage.

20220319_110304.jpg20220319_110246.jpg

Here's the video of the guy that recommended this hose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Very nice LR. I like your thought proccess with that purchase and the application and benefits. Very cool that it stores flat. Any remaining water/ debris from storage would flush out when you put the hose in service before connecting it to the trailer. The cord reel storage idea is also great.

I would appreciate feedback as you use it more if it holds its flat shape when not in use and if you can continue to wrap it on the reel without it twisting as it ages. Thanks .agsin

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Man that is awesome DD! Great pics! Beautiful scenery and yes....typical, March stuff in PA.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Great pics star! Beautiful country up there. I like seeing those big mountains in the background. Good stuff.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
we sold our Northstar 850 sc truck camper and bought a Cougar 22 mls tt that's still sitting at the dealers storage lot.i'll be picking it up in the next few weeks then we head out for our first trip as soon as the lakes ice off.early May,hopefully.time for some boondocking/fishing.we live lakeside but our lake is usually one of the last in the area to ice off,and we get too impatient.you guys that use impact guns instead of a normal drill to lower your stabilizers in the middle of the night/sunrise and run your construction size genny all night,so you can blast your country music till 3 am,eat a bag of d!x.

Last edited: