2022 Camping season...preps...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
DD good stuff man. I give you credit, you are always one of the first ones out. Grest pics, what SP is that? Looks nice.

Also love that vintage wilderness Yukon. I had one very similar, a 1987 26C basement model. Good, heavy old school construction camper. They dont build them like that anymore due to cost, but they last.

Hard to believe my 1989 Layton is 33 years old this year and is still wearing its original, unpainted, one piece aluminum roof. The campers they are building these days, unless garaged will never see 33 years of service and not with their original roof unless it's an airstream, casita or something like that.

Great stuff man! I also love your new avatar and the first gen ram. Very cool.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
DD, I’ve never camped in winter weather, nice pics. We’re at Patrick Space Force Base in Florida until May. Great place and location, Banana River behind us and the Atlantic is across the street from the main gate. One17F671CD-30D0-4D2F-A8FA-14A92C98303D.jpeg4CC0F2CC-2061-41F8-A4C1-C8F95AF8D4C3.jpeg6B04D299-3976-49ED-A15C-013DE19C0947.jpeg shot was Friday’s Spacex launch, about 8 miles up the coast from where we are.33FFD6C8-B7D4-40B0-8ED1-D83ED9607917.jpeg

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
@GsRAM it is Blue Knob State Park...between Altoona and Johnstown PA.

It is our favorite
Awesome, thanks DD, I'll have to keep that one in mind. We are close to Gifford Pinchot so we go there most frequently.

Great winter pics! Crazy PA spring weather. It was cold and windy yesterday that's for sure. I'd much rather pack up in that, than rain any day though.

How cold did it get sat night into Sunday morning?

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
DD, I’ve never camped in winter weather, nice pics. We’re at Patrick Space Force Base in Florida until May. Great place and location, Banana River behind us and the Atlantic is across the street from the main gate. OneView attachment 490873View attachment 490874View attachment 490875 shot was Friday’s Spacex launch, about 8 miles up the coast from where we are.View attachment 490876
What a tale of two locations! Looks warm and beautiful and the SpaceX take off shot is awesome!

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Awesome, thanks DD, I'll have to keep that one in mind. We are close to Gifford Pinchot so we go there most frequently.

Great winter pics! Crazy PA spring weather. It was cold and windy yesterday that's for sure. I'd much rather pack up in that, than rain any day though.

How cold did it get sat night into Sunday morning?
I am venturing a guess it was 26. Could have been lower but that was the lowest I saw on the thermometer. The ice everywhere was a bit much for packing up. And snow does not care if you have an awning. It got everywhere and froze.

The sun came out for about 15 mins atleast to thaw some off

Loved every second of it. Much better than bugs and heat...and crowds

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up a new mod for my trailer. I'm adding a TPMS to it. Amazon has these on sale plus a 15% off coupon. This only ran me $68 when it was all said and done. I've been wanting one of these for a while. This one is inexpensive but has very good ratings. It arrives Monday. I'll let you know how it works but they say there are only 4 left in stock. If you're thinking about this one, jump on it now.

Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3 - Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Sleep Mode, Tire Position Exchange, 4 TPMS Sensors (0-87 PSI) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CP3PB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_M3HJZDKZZEJKCB058WPX

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just picked up a new mod for my trailer. I'm adding a TPMS to it. Amazon has these on sale plus a 15% off coupon. This only ran me $68 when it was all said and done. I've been wanting one of these for a while. This one is inexpensive but has very good ratings. It arrives Monday. I'll let you know how it works but they say there are only 4 left in stock. If you're thinking about this one, jump on it now.

Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3 - Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Sleep Mode, Tire Position Exchange, 4 TPMS Sensors (0-87 PSI) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CP3PB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_M3HJZDKZZEJKCB058WPX
Let us know how well it works. I pull a 30' and interested if the signal will reach the cab.

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know how well it works. I pull a 30' and interested if the signal will reach the cab.
Our first trip of the year will be on the 28th. I'll let you know how it works. The repeater is $45 but many reviewers say it'll work with a 30' trailer. Ours is 29' and the distance is about 36' from the dash to the rear wheels of our trailer.

Heatheroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Got the camper inspected last week and then de-winterized on Friday: no leaks and no sign of mice. First trip is scheduled for mid-May.

2020 Wolf Pup 16FQ

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the camper inspected last week and then de-winterized on Friday: no leaks and no sign of mice. First trip is scheduled for mid-May.

2020 Wolf Pup 16FQ
Same here, de-winterized and sanitized the water system but my pump wasn't working right. Wouldn't build pressure. Turned out that my strainer had a small crack in it. I couldn't see it but it was there. Found a guy on YouTube had the same symptoms and it turned out to be the same bad part. So I ordered one off Amazon for $10 and problem solved.

When I think about it the pressure wasn't that great last year either but we camp with full hookups so I didn't worry about it. I wonder if it was cracked last year too? It was a brand new camper last year but I know things can be bad out of the box.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
dewinterized for a trip back in Jan but then had to undo for some freezing weather in feb. now getting trailer ready again for the season. going to tap into gas line to add quick-connect for griddle and might change out tiny camper crapper for a porcelain one.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
DD good stuff man. I give you credit, you are always one of the first ones out. Grest pics, what SP is that? Looks nice.

Also love that vintage wilderness Yukon. I had one very similar, a 1987 26C basement model. Good, heavy old school construction camper. They dont build them like that anymore due to cost, but they last.

Hard to believe my 1989 Layton is 33 years old this year and is still wearing its original, unpainted, one piece aluminum roof. The campers they are building these days, unless garaged will never see 33 years of service and not with their original roof unless it's an airstream, casita or something like that.

Great stuff man! I also love your new avatar and the first gen ram. Very cool.
The best TT I ever owned was a Great Divide. All solid wood interior and built very well. Very heavy trailer. Problem is the last few years everyone wants lighter weight trailers which usually means cheaper and lighter materials.

Heatheroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Same here, de-winterized and sanitized the water system but my pump wasn't working right. Wouldn't build pressure. Turned out that my strainer had a small crack in it. I couldn't see it but it was there. Found a guy on YouTube had the same symptoms and it turned out to be the same bad part. So I ordered one off Amazon for $10 and problem solved.

When I think about it the pressure wasn't that great last year either but we camp with full hookups so I didn't worry about it. I wonder if it was cracked last year too? It was a brand new camper last year but I know things can be bad out of the box.

yea, I sanitized the fresh water tank too, but, like you, rarely (read that NEVER with the wife) camp w/o full hook ups. I installed a winterizing tee at my pump last season and it resulted in a kink in my water inlet line. It was on my list for this spring to fix that but I decided to to try it as-is first. Seems to work fine and water pressure seems normal. Since I never actually use the pump, I decided to leave it. 'course , now that I de-winterized, it dropped below freezing last night.....

miles01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Set up on the next job.
Staying at what use to be my grandparents dairy farm with full hook ups (uncle owns the farm now)
Picture of rv and the farm from rv window of the ruts when I backing the trailer into place. The truck sunk to the axles but got it out, the ruts have been repaired and grass seeded the next day.

Attachments

• 25D7109B-E0A7-47B2-8837-3AFD44A76232.jpeg
    25D7109B-E0A7-47B2-8837-3AFD44A76232.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 61F383EA-9B4F-4862-8BD5-579B24CB99A3.jpeg
    61F383EA-9B4F-4862-8BD5-579B24CB99A3.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 8