Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

virgilsplace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Eco Diesel
I just purchased this truck in February. Since then, I have been to the dealership 4 times, had a *star case opened up, and have a case opened with Chrysler Canada. Here's the issue:
When the truck is started, in park and idling, I can select whichever airflow direction I choose, and the truck reacts in kind to control the airflow to wherever it is selected; whether it be Front (Defrost) or combo Front + Floor. And it will turn on and off on command. But as soon as I start to drive, a short while after, the HVAC will automatically start blowing air at my feet at fan speed, regardless of the initial setting. In particular, with the Front (Defrost) setting. If the Front is selected ONLY, it will auto blow air to the feet. And let me tell you, in the winter months, driving for a 6 hour stretch, it gets super hot on the feet. There's no way to shut it off!! The only way to get air off my feet is to select the face vents, and that's ridiculous. Then the windows start to freeze up. If I select face vents, and then cycle it back to just Front/Defrost ONLY, it STILL continues to blow air to the feet. This makes for uncomfortable driving. As I've said, been to dealership, opened a case with Chrysler, and they're all telling me it is "normal function" of the system!! I've tried escalating the issue (since I have warranty and extended warranty) but Chrysler Canada "assures" me there's nothing else they can do, and that their engineers all agree it's doing what it should. I even asked, "Then why is there an option to have dual blend Front + Feet at all?? If the option for dual blend is there, doesn't that suggest I should be able to turn it on and off on command?? Like, does that make sense that it's "a feature" or "by design"? I think I'm being played a fool and I don't know what my next step is. Dealership will not take back the vehicle since I'm not happy with it. I do love the truck, and would rather keep it because the fuel economy is great; but I am not comfortable at all during long hauls. Has anyone else experienced this? And what was the resolve if any? Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

KC Kevin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That sounds super frustrating!! I haven't noticed any irregularities in my HVAC but I am not in a climate anything like yours.

terroraz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a 2022 Dodge Laramie and last night driving back from Fort Mac @-38 mine did the exact same thing that your are describing. We're you able to figure it out? I had to block the venting at my feet in order to have enough forced air to unthaw the left side of my windshield.

baumann6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue with my 22 ram did they get anything figured out for you guys.

OP
OP
V

virgilsplace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Eco Diesel
Hey guys. No. Nothing was sorted out. The engineers just said :It's a feature. Buil crap. And then they just closed my case.

I encourage each of you to open up a case file. The more submissions with the same issue, they have no choice but to dig into further and perhaps release a factory campaign on it. Thanks for your feed back.

OP
OP
V

virgilsplace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Eco Diesel
I also have a 2022 Dodge Laramie and last night driving back from Fort Mac @-38 mine did the exact same thing that your are describing. We're you able to figure it out? I had to block the venting at my feet in order to have enough forced air to unthaw the left side of my windshield.
This is exactly the same as me. I live in Edmonton. Cold. And the same issue. The left side front is not getting the airflow to the front. It's as if the vent/shutter operation or actuation/control is reversed on the left side. It should be going to the left Front/Defrost but it's going to the floor instead.

baumann6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am still dealing with this issue the one dealer I talked to had never heard of the issue the other dealer I talked to knew about it and have tried to fox it on other trucks but were not able to. Hope you guys have had more luck then I have with this issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye