2022 Dodge Ram Warlock Classic 3.6 key fob won’t unlock or lock the truck. Killed my battery actually in the truck!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamWarlock22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
July 11th went to work key fob worked all day on my 2022 Dodge Ram warlock classic 3.6. July 12 the I couldn’t unlock or anything. So I pressed the panic button to see if the horn worked! Nothing than it had a buzzing sound from the grill that sounded like it was coming from the horn horns in the vehicle. 15 minutes later it was completely dead. Took my dummy key from the key fob unlocked the door. Which I didn’t realize I could do actually. But anyways put it all back together and put the fob in the ignition….nothing!!!
Just got this damn thing July 4th 2022. Should I have it towed to the dealership today? Or should I jump it and replace the battery and the key fob batteries and hope to god this never happens again?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The battery in the fob doesn't do anything for starting the truck if you have the fob you stick in the "ignition". Only the keyless version relies on the battery in the fob, if that doesn't work use the fob to push the button in(that bypasses the need for the battery).
If something is going to fail, it's better to happen right away than the day after the warranty is up

OP
OP
R

RamWarlock22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So update: tow truck driver jumped the truck with a jump box. Drove it to the dealership. Alternator is bad which drained the battery. Go figure!!
Being it’s literally a month and half old everything is covered for sure! But dammit got zero alerts that anything was wrong!!

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Build a million of anything and some will fail for no apparent reason . Thankfully nothing to serious and easy to fix . Now go drive it like you stole it .

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Son gave me a dash cam as a present. We used wife’s car for two weeks then I get in Ram to find out it’s dead. Get it towed to dealer. Took him a week to replace battery & he tells me “No draw.” Problem repeats. I disconnect camera & charge up battery. Problem gone. Who’d figure a dash cam would kill a battery at all!

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Son gave me a dash cam as a present. We used wife’s car for two weeks then I get in Ram to find out it’s dead. Get it towed to dealer. Took him a week to replace battery & he tells me “No draw.” Problem repeats. I disconnect camera & charge up battery. Problem gone. Who’d figure a dash cam would kill a battery at all!
For your dashcam if you have not already get a extra battery look at blackbox my car for options

LuvnMyRAMTRK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
July 11th went to work key fob worked all day on my 2022 Dodge Ram warlock classic 3.6. July 12 the I couldn’t unlock or anything. So I pressed the panic button to see if the horn worked! Nothing than it had a buzzing sound from the grill that sounded like it was coming from the horn horns in the vehicle. 15 minutes later it was completely dead. Took my dummy key from the key fob unlocked the door. Which I didn’t realize I could do actually. But anyways put it all back together and put the fob in the ignition….nothing!!!
Just got this damn thing July 4th 2022. Should I have it towed to the dealership today? Or should I jump it and replace the battery and the key fob batteries and hope to god this never happens again?
So this just happened to my 2022 RAM Classic. It's going into the dealer today.
When I Google my trucks symptoms and came across your post. It was like I was reading my own post.
Did you have any other issues after replacing your alternator?
Thanks!

OP
OP
R

RamWarlock22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So this just happened to my 2022 RAM Classic. It's going into the dealer today.
When I Google my trucks symptoms and came across your post. It was like I was reading my own post.
Did you have any other issues after replacing your alternator?
Thanks!
Coming to find out that there is a recall on the firmware in the electronic shift module. The knob to go from P to D. My dash lights stay on 24/7. Just realized that today. Always figured I was close to the truck with the FOB and the dash light came on. But the thread for the instrument cluster light staying on. It’s an actual recall. Still having to jump this thing is doesn’t run for 2 days. Friday night until Sunday mid morning. Because I work a ton and truly enjoy my weekends. Well some. So my conclusion is that my dash lights stay on all the time…..
oh found out this week because I’m building a parking garage and I park in the garage to move around. So there isn’t sunlight anywhere.
Some guys said that my dash lights were on. 2-3 hours after I actually started working. So I came over and sure enough. they were. And we’re on until I left work.

So making an appointment for that firmware update this weekend and hopefully get this done next week early.

Will definitely do a 2 day test after and let y’all know if dies and I have to jump it.

But the thread is in here check out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye