2022 ETorque issues AND 12 inch blackout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

300PoundGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ETorque Penta
I’m dealing with two separate issues, and I’m wondering if anyone has had the same issue with the ETorque.

The truck has shut off at a light, as it’s supposed to, but then the engine has started and not engaged the transmission, five times over the first 1000 miles. I sat there reving like an idiot. It eventually engaged. AND…

I’m backing into a parking spot, people walked behind me so I stopped and the engine shut off. When it started it leaped backwards into a concrete pole. $2800 later I had a new bumper. Dealer flashed it, no issues. (Not the dealer I bought it from, but they had the body shop)

My other issue is the 12 inch display, which from the looks of it is a common complaint. I’ve had it restart so often I’ve lost count, now it’s black.

I love the truck, other than the fact that it’s a little depressed and is self harming.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, well that is interesting, so technically the truck is not supposed to start/stop unless it is in drive, so to my knowledge it should never do that in reverse neutral park.... I do know that there is a firmware update for the etorque system for trucks built early 2022 but that appears to fix other issues than the one you mentioned.