2022 HO 3500 Aisin Trans…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will be interesting to see the ones downplay more gears jump on the new trucks with the superior gear splits. It WILL outperform the 6 speeds in every single area and by any conceivable metric. That’s a fact.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Just hoping it won't be dash mounted knob like the gassers' 8 speed.
Whichever trans ends up under the truck it will be shift by wire. The days of an old fashioned column shift are short numbered, probably gone. For the few whine and cry about the shift knob there are many more that like the simplicity. The bigger picture is the manufacturing cost and flexibility of where it can be installed.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Wrong. The Allison 9 speed is 100% designed and built by Allison. The “Allison” in the GM trucks right now, the 10 speed, is a GM and Ford designed, GM built transmission, that GM is paying Allison however much to slap the Allison name on it.

Ram would not have the 10 speed, it will (hopefully) be the 9 speed.
Yep I agree with this guy. From all I read and heard the 9 speed Allison was made for the Ram and Cummins. The GM/Ford 10 speed is just Allison branded and is a complete fail. Either the ZF Powerline or the Allison 9 speed would be great. The problem is for FCA/Stellantis to grow a brain. I stopped holding my breath.
Im hearing the big change for the HD Ram will be in ‘23 and it’ll get the true 5th gen cab. I’ve been waiting for the new tranny but I’m pulling the trigger next year no matter what. Those !*#ers will never grow a brain. It’ll probably be ‘24 or ‘25 till we see the new tranny in the Ram. I wish the American government could keep a secret as good as FCA/Stellantis.

ACEd

Reaction score
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Whichever trans ends up under the truck it will be shift by wire. The days of an old fashioned column shift are short numbered, probably gone. For the few whine and cry about the shift knob there are many more that like the simplicity. The bigger picture is the manufacturing cost and flexibility of where it can be installed.
Had a Ram 1500 rental with turn knob shift after my 2500 was totalled last month by Ida - drove it for a week or so - ABSOLUTELY HATED IT - may be personal taste or just too old to learn new trick - Push button transmissions were the way of the future in the 1950's but that didn'y last - I can say I actually drove one - knob in 2500/3500 would drive me back to Ford or Chevy.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While we might have differences of opinion about aspects of our trucks, it is a violation of forum rules to personally attack other members. I have "cleaned up" this thread and expect further posts to be more civil. If not, the thread will be closed.
Jay

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Just hoping it won't be dash mounted knob like the gassers' 8 speed.
I agree I am not a fan. We have it on our Durango. I imagine it would be a nightmare for guys that are constantly shifting gears with say a snow plow.