2022 Laramie 2500 - Add Bed View Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMBO

Reaction score
Ram Year
I want to add the bed view camera to my system. I have the 12 inch nav, rear view camera and digital mirror. I have a 5th wheel in the bed and would really like to have the bed view camera to help with hooking up the RV as well as keeping an eye on cargo when there's 'stuff' in the bed.

I've searched and there are lots of posts about adding aftermarket, and got some hits about people upgrading their radios with surround/front, etc. That's way more than I'm trying to accomplish here. It seems that since it's an option on these trucks I should be able to replace the CHMSL with the one with the camera and turn on the option in the BCM. Sounds simple to me but perhaps not so much... I even think I've found the CHMSL with cam on BAM's website.

Has anyone done this or have thoughts on how to do it?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
the 2021, 2022 both have a 9" Digital Rear Mirror option
It works with the black or smoke colored 3rd brake light that has 2 cameras inside of it
One is the standard Cargo Camera & the other is actually a video camera, that can be controlled by the Digital Rear Mirror switches on the bottom

1647338744641.png
The switches on the bottom right, will move the camera up, down, left, right

Digital Rearview Mirror​

The available Digital Rearview Mirror features an LCD monitor that when switched on, provides a real-time video stream from a rear-facing camera in the 3rd brake light

2019 2020 2021 2022 Dodge Ram LED 3RD Brake Lamp W/ CAMERA, OEM

1647339953615.png

Mrbyh20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I was wanting to add the cargo camera to my 21 ram 1500 limited longhorn with the 12” screen, plus I already have the 360 view, digital rear view mirror. Seems like every camera I can have except for the cargo bed camera. Can adding the bed camera be done with all the other cameras working in the radio? In case you can’t tell I’m not, what’s called, a mechanic by any means. Just looking to add/upgrade the cargo camera.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You can get a 3rd brake light with just a cargo cam
It just is focused on the bed

I would first look around in the menu of the radio & see what you can about your different cameras

If you can't see anything helpful, look closely at the 3rd brake light for a camera lens