2022 Laramie high country towing report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If your rig truly weighs in at just under 6k, and you've got that motorcycle hanging off the back, you likely don't have NEARLY enough tongue weight to even warrant using the WDH - you might be under the 10-12% 'rule' already before you even make adjustments. If you can store some of your gear/clothing in the nose of the trailer it will probably help you out quite a bit. Clothes are a LOT heavier packed up than they seem.

Does your Laramie have the 'air assist' in the rear suspension from the factory? If it does I believe you have to set everything up with that OFF to get everything adjusted properly, but I don't use an Anderson (more money than it's worth to me, I have never seen the need for a high-dollar unit when my $300 Curt WDH + $50 Curt sway control bar gets me pulling 65+mph) nor do I have a vehicle with the air assist.

Otherwise, glad to hear your truck is doing well! I would expect no less from it.

rambilt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tow a small trailer with my Ram and after dialing the WDH correctly it tows safely and smoothly for me, so much better than my 2022 Jeep Gladiator. The Ram has plenty of power, tackles the incline so much better than the Gladiator. With the Gladiator the engine sounded like the engine is going to explode when climbing lol. It's a trial and error setting the WDH with Ram But after I got it set up it tows beautifully. I love the way this Ram rides. It don't feel like you are in a truck. It's so relaxing, I can actually enjoy listening to my music while I'm driving because it's so quiet and smooth. The Jeep Gladiator on the other hand, it's loud (wind noise), it's bouncy and you are busy correcting your steer. It's typical jeep ride. It's exhausting. But my wife loves the Jeep so we kept it and got rid of the 2022 4runner for the Ram.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I tow a small trailer with my Ram and after dialing the WDH correctly it tows safely and smoothly for me, so much better than my 2022 Jeep Gladiator. The Ram has plenty of power, tackles the incline so much better than the Gladiator. With the Gladiator the engine sounded like the engine is going to explode when climbing lol. It's a trial and error setting the WDH with Ram But after I got it set up it tows beautifully. I love the way this Ram rides. It don't feel like you are in a truck. It's so relaxing, I can actually enjoy listening to my music while I'm driving because it's so quiet and smooth. The Jeep Gladiator on the other hand, it's loud (wind noise), it's bouncy and you are busy correcting your steer. It's typical jeep ride. It's exhausting. But my wife loves the Jeep so we kept it and got rid of the 2022 4runner for the Ram.
My wife loves Jeep's as well. Her daily for 10 years was a heavily modified 2dr Rubicon. We still have it, but she wanted something new and wanted another Jeep. I needed a second tow vehicle for the bass boat, so we settled on a Gladiator. She likes it, but I can't stand driving it. The dang 2dr lifted on long arms and 35's drive better than the stock Gladiator. LOL I will say it tows the bass boat with ease. I wouldn't tow anything bigger than that though. And it has the max tow with 4.10's, wider axles and bigger brakes. I'm trying to convince her to trade it for an SUV. We never use it as a truck, and I'd rather have a nicer ride with more power. But she's a doors off, top down lover. What ya gonna do.

rambilt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife loves Jeep's as well. Her daily for 10 years was a heavily modified 2dr Rubicon. We still have it, but she wanted something new and wanted another Jeep. I needed a second tow vehicle for the bass boat, so we settled on a Gladiator. She likes it, but I can't stand driving it. The dang 2dr lifted on long arms and 35's drive better than the stock Gladiator. LOL I will say it tows the bass boat with ease. I wouldn't tow anything bigger than that though. And it has the max tow with 4.10's, wider axles and bigger brakes. I'm trying to convince her to trade it for an SUV. We never use it as a truck, and I'd rather have a nicer ride with more power. But she's a doors off, top down lover. What ya gonna do.
The Gladiator can surely tow but without a lot of effort especially the High Altitude with 3.73 gearing. I should have gotten a Rubicon or a ***** with 4.10s. But just like you said what you gonna do wife loves them. HAHAHAHA

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
14lb chihuahua.... what are you feeding that thing?
They're not all tiny. Wife and I had one years ago, he was about 12 lbs but was the size of a MinPin (long legs and a long body). His brother from the same litter was 8 lbs full grown.