2022 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlucoski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am looking to order the 2022 Ram 10 anivasary addition. Disappointed Ram is dropping things like adjustable suspension, which I love in my 2014 Limited. They are also dropping key safety features. These items were what gave Ram the competitive edge and defined Ram Quality. The need to talk with current loyal owners. Especially on there top end trim. Ford platinum and limited can quickly take lead on quality. Stop blaming everything on chip. People are willing to wait for quality. Don't abandon loyal customers.

Dave7480

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e hemi
I have air suspension on my 2021 Longhorn and have found it works well.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I configured one yesterday on the ram site and I was allowed to put air suspension on a limited.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am looking to order the 2022 Ram 10 anivasary addition. Disappointed Ram is dropping things like adjustable suspension, which I love in my 2014 Limited. They are also dropping key safety features. These items were what gave Ram the competitive edge and defined Ram Quality. The need to talk with current loyal owners. Especially on there top end trim. Ford platinum and limited can quickly take lead on quality. Stop blaming everything on chip. People are willing to wait for quality. Don't abandon loyal customers.
Unless you're in Canada, air suspension is standard on the Limited. It's not surprising you can't add it since it's a standard feature.

KC Kevin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
From what I've read, nothing is being dropped. They are delivering all special editions without the safety package (Night Edition, Red, etc.) but others have ordered them that way from the factory. Its the only way they are getting any quantity of inventory out of Detroit. Seems like they are getting some chips, just not enough to meet demand.
My '22 has the adjustable air suspension. And its really cool :D

It doesn't have the Level 1 package however. No adaptive cc, no lane change assist, etc. Personally I am ok without these things.

ChaosMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've read, nothing is being dropped. They are delivering all special editions without the safety package (Night Edition, Red, etc.) but others have ordered them that way from the factory. Its the only way they are getting any quantity of inventory out of Detroit. Seems like they are getting some chips, just not enough to meet demand.
My '22 has the adjustable air suspension. And its really cool :D

It doesn't have the Level 1 package however. No adaptive cc, no lane change assist, etc. Personally I am ok without these things.
We had a loaner car for a week while my wife's car had a warranty thing getting fixed. That damned lane assist feature on the loaner had me scrambling to find out how to turn it off :Big Laugh: Gladly can do without such annoyances on the Ram that's coming

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We had a loaner car for a week while my wife's car had a warranty thing getting fixed. That damned lane assist feature on the loaner had me scrambling to find out how to turn it off :Big Laugh: Gladly can do without such annoyances on the Ram that's coming

Yeah I don't care for the lane keep assist. Glad I leave it off, it helped save someone's life. I had someone try to end it on the highway by running out in front of my truck in the dark at 630am, while I was going 80mph. I only had time to react and swerve to miss her, wouldn't have had time to turn that feature off or use a turn signal in able to swerve without intervention. I know there are low/med/high settings for it, but if I had it on any setting where it intervenes to keep you in lane, I would have hit her. I barely missed her as it was.

I'm big on paying attention while driving though, so I don't think I'm the type that lane keep assist is marketed towards.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Same for me. I never turn LKA on. There's just something unnerving about the truck wanting to steer itself. I don't really trust the tech.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Does it actually turn the wheels ?
Just make a sound ?
or apply the brakes & turn the wheels ?
================================

Before i retired, one of the 10 wheel trucks that i operated, if i was driving over about 20 MPH & there was guardrail or a cement structure holding up a bridge that was within a certain distance from the truck, a screeching noise sounded off in the cab. It drove me nuts.
It acted some what like radar

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just make a sound ?

Depends on what setting you have it on, but I believe the only setting it won't physically intervene and is only an audible alert is the low setting. I may definitely be wrong on that being that I have no experience using it, just going off memory of what I have seen discussed on the forums.

ChaosMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make a sound ?

Before i retired, one of the 10 wheel trucks that i operated, if i was driving over about 20 MPH & there was guardrail or a cement structure holding up a bridge that was within a certain distance from the truck, a screeching noise sounded off in the cab. It drove me nuts.
in the car we had as a loaner, 2021 Audi Q5, it's hard to explain but the steering just felt super weird. Like it was fighting me or as if something in the steering or suspension was broken.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just make a sound ?

Yes, it actually turned the wheels but didn't apply the brakes. There is also a visual indication on the HUD (if equipped). I'm not sure what setting mine was on. I disabled it the first time I felt it fight me when I was trying to avoid a roadkill raccoon. Maybe it's good for people who can't seem to keep their vehicle between the lines, but I can see it as something people might rely on when they're driving tired. Or for people who text while driving. But I don't want to get started on exactly what I think about driver's assist, or autonomous driving in general LOL

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Adaptive cruise it the absolute worse nanny ever invented

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Almost every year, in mid July, i leave San Diego area between 9 to 10 AM & 9 PM, i end my driving day at the far east end of El Paso, Texas. an area called Sparks. Total distance 724 Miles
I do make 3 or 4 leg stretching stops & sometimes top off with diesel.

There are some long stretches of highway, where there is nothing but cactus & the occasional vehicle, i know that i was driving dazed at times. It is not a good thing when driving the speed limit of 75 & 80 mph