2022 New HD's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thanks, it's the Ram/ mopar bug shield. I like it except it's a PITA to install because there's 4 rubber pyramids that stick to the hood and 4 metal clips that attach to the hood. One of the rubber pyramids (it's a spacer so the guard doesn't come into contact with the hood) came off so one side sits lower than it should by a small amount. I like the semi gloss finish on it though.

That does look good. I might have to try that. Does it make a significant difference in reducing bugs off the windshield? The one that came with my truck broke a tab off and is bouncing around. It's a Lund, I think.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Until Stellantis decides whether to keep the 6 speed in the Heavy Duty Rams or decide to go with a one of the Heavy Duty ZF transmissions

ATS will smile as they rake in the $$$$ selling Allison conversions

matemike

Reaction score
That does look good. I might have to try that. Does it make a significant difference in reducing bugs off the windshield? The one that came with my truck broke a tab off and is bouncing around. It's a Lund, I think.
Ha, I just PM'd him about his bug shield. I had a LUNd on a 2001 F-150 and after 120k miles it hood and windshield were still flawless. But It scratched the paint under the deflector because a bumper tab fell off, it wiggled when driving and I never noticed until it was too late. I haven't had a bug shield on a truck since, 2 GM's, all get cracked wind shields and chips in the front of the hood.

So I just ordered a 2022 2500 HD, 6.4 Hemi, 8 spd tranny, 4x4 with offroad and trailer packages, Laramie, leather bucket seats, white exterior, night edition, clearance lamps, black running boards. I know I'm in for a wait. Dealer said Februray. Does that seem reasonable? Should I expect a call a month from now asking if I'd settle for a 6-spd, or no clearance lamps? I won't. We scoured the nation for a couple days and can't find a truck with everything I want. I expected that. That's why I ordered. Am I doomed anyway?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha, I just PM'd him about his bug shield. I had a LUNd on a 2001 F-150 and after 120k miles it hood and windshield were still flawless. But It scratched the paint under the deflector because a bumper tab fell off, it wiggled when driving and I never noticed until it was too late. I haven't had a bug shield on a truck since, 2 GM's, all get cracked wind shields and chips in the front of the hood.

So I just ordered a 2022 2500 HD, 6.4 Hemi, 8 spd tranny, 4x4 with offroad and trailer packages, Laramie, leather bucket seats, white exterior, night edition, clearance lamps, black running boards. I know I'm in for a wait. Dealer said Februray. Does that seem reasonable? Should I expect a call a month from now asking if I'd settle for a 6-spd, or no clearance lamps? I won't. We scoured the nation for a couple days and can't find a truck with everything I want. I expected that. That's why I ordered. Am I doomed anyway?

You dont have a choice on tranny. The 6.4 only comes with the 8 speed.

spaniard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any info on the build times? I was told the normal time frame is 3-4 months, but it could be longer this time around, but no time frame could be given.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
Honestly it's hard to tell- I don't have many that make it to the windshield but I don't know if it's because the front of the truck is like a whale opening it's mouth to catch all the krill or if the deflector is doing it's job. I really wanted to keep the leading edge of the hood protected from paint chips on long highway towing trips.

matemike

Reaction score
Honestly it's hard to tell-

keep the leading edge of the hood protected from paint chips
Looks like it would protect from paint chips on that leading edge as long as it does not cause scratches itself. I've experienced that with a Lund.

But as good as that Mopar deflector looks, I wish it had an up-swoop, even if it was just a half an inch, to really get all the wind and debris moving over the cab roof and well above the hood and wind shield.

Willie Mosher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 gas
Oh man going back to the 6 ???
On HD, I have a 2018 w 6 speed
This was my regret for not waiting
For 8 speed on the on 2019,
Is there a problem with the eight speed what are they going back to the six speed???

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
Is there a problem with the eight speed what are they going back to the six speed???
2022 6.4 is still paired with the 8HP75. I don't see why they would ever go back to the 66rfe. Now the 6.7's are still paired with the 68rfe and the Aisin 6 speeds, that may be where you're seeing that the hd's have the six speed trans.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, they are talking about the diesel tranny’s…they still run the antique 6 speeds.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you guys said you bought at 5% and 17.5% under invoice, did you mean under msrp (sticker) or really under dealer invoice?
Nope, under invoice. I ordered from Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA and got my 2022 Limited Mega Cab with all the bells and whistles for 5% under invoice. The sales team work off salary from what I was told. Send them a build sheet and they will send back a no haggle offer that even shows you the MSRP, and invoice cost. I ordered November 8th, got a VIN two days later and now just waiting for build/ship dates.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any info on the build times? I was told the normal time frame is 3-4 months, but it could be longer this time around, but no time frame could be given.
My sales person told me expect 20 weeks. I think it all depends on what you order.

ZB39

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ISB
I love all of my aisin trannys. Have 2 at present. 2018 5500 and 2021 5500, both Cummins. I had 2 others. One in a 2018 5500 and one in a 2016 3500 limited. Both Cummins. Great HD tranny. my .02

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I guess at least a few of the prospective HD Ram owners forgot what was planned by FCA before February of this year, it had been in the works for months.

In early 2017, The last Administration was making deals with FCA, Ford & GM
The deal was that that the US Automakers would move all their factories back to the USA, the Gov't made the deal worth while.

All 3 auto makers were reconstructing a good portion of their closed down plants.
I may be mistaken & i am not going to look everything up, unless i have to.
FCA moved the Jeep Plant, they almost completely rebuilt the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant & changed it from a Car Plant to a 5th Generation Ram assembly plant, the car plant was moved to another location.
One of the next steps was to refurbish the Warren Assembly Plant, piece by piece, with a major change to the Paint area.
Once the refurbishing was done, the plan was to move the Saltillo Mexico HD Ram plant into the Warren Michigan facility & then there would be no more 4th Gen Ram 1500s.
At that point, something happened, it may have been the sale of the company to Stellantis ??
So they stopped that part of the plan & it worked out, because so many customers loved the 4th Gen 1500s that they are still selling more 4th Gen Rams, then they are sell 5th Gens

So for now, the Heavy Duty Rams will continue to be built in Mexico
That works for Stellantis, because they don't need to design more stamps for the presses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QSpZoYGys

Last edited:

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven’t been on this site in YEARS! I’ve come back to start looking at the posts you guys are making about the HD’s. I have a 2012 - 1500 modified and am really wanting to get a night edition 2500 Cummins. Probably going to be a year or two before I can actually pull the trigger but I definitely want one. I just need to decide if I want to go for the 2500 or the 3500. Anyways, good to be back!

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you’ll be towing much and want the Cummins go 3500. 2500 diesels have a payload not much better some 1500’s due to the engine’s weight. Hope your dream comes true though, regardless of what you get !

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you’ll be towing much and want the Cummins go 3500. 2500 diesels have a payload not much better some 1500’s due to the engine’s weight. Hope your dream comes true though, regardless of what you get !
Wife and I are in our late 30’s and have a little over 10 acres… she keeps talking about having horses in the future so I want to get a truck that will last me a long time in prepare for whatever dreams lie ahead. :)

Adam