2022 Order banks closed, at least for Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I attempted to get a quote on a 2022 Rebel build to compare to the quotes I have on Tremor builds and was told 2022 order banks are now closed and no firm word on when 2023 will open up. Also no word on what, if any, changes 2023 will bring. I'd like to see the tire lines on the front camera like Jeep gets with their front trail cam come to at least the Rebel. A front locker option would be nice, but I know that's incredibly unlikely.

pw_amos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Comparing a Rebel to a Tremor? Price only I assume?

Wish Ram would have released some info on the "Rebel" HD!

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Comparing a Rebel to a Tremor? Price only I assume?

Wish Ram would have released some info on the "Rebel" HD!

The Rebel HD is a PW without the front locker and with a sport hood and some Rebel-esque cosmetics from what I read elsewhere. To clarify, the Tremor is the F-150 version, not the F-250 or Ranger. I forgot they make it in multiple sizes and the F-250 was the original IIRC.

I'm leaning heavily toward the Tremor due to the locking front diff, better headlights with dynamic bending, transfer case that will mechanically lock while retaining an 'auto' function vs having to choose one, and ventilated seats. I don't actually care about leather, but it becomes standard with the option packages I want and the ventilated seats may be handy in hot weather. The Rebel has the multifunction tailgate that can open like barn doors, which would be handy for me, and an available HUD. I like HUDs a lot. I'd like to get a Raptor, but allocations are tight and prices are nuts on a new one. Like the Bronco, who knows when you'll actually get it once you order it. I'm not sure I want to buy used, but have been sniffing low mile/certified 2019-2020 Raptors as well.

OEM3102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 3.0
Soon-to-be RAM Newbie here. I have decided my next truck is going to be a RAM 1500 but still working on if it will be a Laramie or Limited. I built a couple of options and sent them to my salesman the second week of July. He calls me two days later telling me the the order bank had closed and I would have to wait for it to reopen for the 2023's. He had no idea when it would reopen. Still waiting...and patience is NOT my strong suite!

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Soon-to-be RAM Newbie here. I have decided my next truck is going to be a RAM 1500 but still working on if it will be a Laramie or Limited. I built a couple of options and sent them to my salesman the second week of July. He calls me two days later telling me the the order bank had closed and I would have to wait for it to reopen for the 2023's. He had no idea when it would reopen. Still waiting...and patience is NOT my strong suite!

2023 is now open, I got the email today.

No info on what options have changed, if any. Prices have gone up, unsuprisingly. My build is $4k higher but he put the night edition on for some reason and the etorque hemi. Without the night edition it's still up over $2k.

OEM3102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 3.0
2023 is now open, I got the email today.

No info on what options have changed, if any. Prices have gone up, unsuprisingly. My build is $4k higher but he put the night edition on for some reason and the etorque hemi. Without the night edition it's still up over $2k.

Thanks for the update. Hate to hear about the price increase but it doesn't surprise me at all. With any luck, I'll be a RAM owner soon.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I ordered a 1500 Longhorn on August 5th. Had a vin the following week

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

oe542bob

you wrote that you ordered a 1500 Longhorn on August 5th

you did not mention the year
This post is about what you can & can't order
this is the time of year when everything year wise changes

I believe that Docwagon1776 was writing about the 5th Generation RAM for 2022 is no longer available to order as of this last week

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7

oe542bob

you wrote that you ordered a 1500 Longhorn on August 5th

you did not mention the year
This post is about what you can & can't order
this is the time of year when everything year wise changes

I believe that Docwagon1776 was writing about the 5th Generation RAM for 2022 is no longer available to order as of this last week
Sorry, 2022 1500 Longhorn

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Thanks for the update. Hate to hear about the price increase but it doesn't surprise me at all. With any luck, I'll be a RAM owner soon.

I figured a small increase, but $4k is ridiculous. That's striking distance from a High package Raptor, MSRP wise. Of course you can get the Rebel for significantly under MSRP and good luck getting a Raptor without paying ADM over MSRP, or getting one at all so that's not entirely fair. I wonder what they are doing with Power Wagon pricing if the Rebel is that much money.

Best of luck with yours, I've enjoyed mine but Ram is pricing me out this time. My best Ram bid is now nearly $7k over my best Tremor bid, and the Rebel is certainly not $7k more truck.

OEM3102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 3.0
I just got an email from my salesman. According to him, the order bank is now open for 2023's (at least for the Laramie & Limited). Here we go!

keawe216

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-torque
Placed an order for a 2023 Rebel but still nothing comes up when I search my last name and VON # on Ram website

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
At the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant in Michigan

They have to finish up fore filling the rest of the 2022 Orders on the 5TH Gen Ram 1500s

Then when that is done, they will thoroughly clean the Plant & do maintenance
Before reopening to start the 2023 5th Gen production

The Warren Michigan Ram 1500 Assembly Plant, will continue building 4Th Gen Ram 1500s ( Classics )
Same with the Saltillo Mexico HD Ram Plant

Last edited: