2022 Ram 1500 5.7 etorque hesitation off the line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrbuilder43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I have a 2022 Longhorn with a 5.7 etorque engine that I purchased 2 months ago. When I shut the auto start off, the acceleration hesitates for a split second from a dead stop. Its similar to when a carberator hesitated in the old days. When the auto start is engaged it doesnt do this. It feels like the engine gulps before it gets gas. Not a big issue at all - but something is wrong. Anyone else?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
what octane gas? did it do this on the test drive when you bought it?

Gommer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500, 2018 2500
Engine
5.7 and 6.7
My 2020 eTorque was the same way until I got it tuned. Before I sold it I put the factory PCM back in but left the trans tune on it and it drive like a dream. No weird jerky shifting as it slowed down at stop signs and no hesitation from a stop or passing.

Can't really say that' relevant to your situation but sounds similar.

williemontoya1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2022 Ram Bighorn 3.6 1500 etorque lunges in both forward and reverse.
The lunge in both cases has hesitation prior when minimal acceleration is applied.
The issue is troublesome when parking on hills or with a slope of any kind.
I love the truck but this is very problematic. Any one else experiencing similar
issues.

FFKMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque
My 2020 eTorque was the same way until I got it tuned. Before I sold it I put the factory PCM back in but left the trans tune on it and it drive like a dream. No weird jerky shifting as it slowed down at stop signs and no hesitation from a stop or passing.

Can't really say that' relevant to your situation but sounds similar.
What tune did you have? You literally described my truck to a T!

cgoldade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I have a 2022 Longhorn with a 5.7 etorque engine that I purchased 2 months ago. When I shut the auto start off, the acceleration hesitates for a split second from a dead stop. Its similar to when a carberator hesitated in the old days. When the auto start is engaged it doesnt do this. It feels like the engine gulps before it gets gas. Not a big issue at all - but something is wrong. Anyone else?
I have a 2022 Limited with 3500 miles on it and the eTorque 5.7L. I have the exact same issue you described. Hesitates from a dead stop when the auto start/stop is off. Did you ever figure out a solution?

RadRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same. 22 Laramie 5.7. It happens when the auto start/stop is off too. I have been using regular and not premium btw. 2200 miles on the clock.

jeveretts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Add another. My 22 etorque has had an auto startstop eliminator since new. I am pretty used to it, but it hesitates a second and then lunges forward, I tend to spin my wheels a lot taking off. I use 87 octane as well.

sottis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm curious if any of y'all have Hill Start Assist activated in your truck.

RamOwner48420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 Limited with 3500 miles on it and the eTorque 5.7L. I have the exact same issue you described. Hesitates from a dead stop when the auto start/stop is off. Did you ever figure out a solution?
My 2019 limited does it too, Drive by wire, uses a potentiometer. It takes some getting used too

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey everyone,

If you decide to have your concerns checked out at a local dealer, please reach out to us. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

Callie
Ram Cares

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Had usage of 22 Ram 1500 for 24 hours until Avis was able get me a car as requested for my rental, I learned in those 24 hours to wait a few seconds after lettings my foot off the brake before pushing on the gas pedal, if I did not wait it would lung forward, so all one has to do is train them self's to wait 2 seconds before mashing the gas pedal, the experience driving the 1500 got me ready for the 23 Kia Sportage that Avis finally got for me & the wife, was surprised that it too shut down at the stop lights and would restart as soon as the car in front of you moved forward....

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2023 1500 Limited with eTorque with approx 1K miles and I haven't notice any hesitation when I shut off the auto start/stop so far. I have 3.92 gears but not sure that would make a difference.

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried a Pedal Commander (or like product)? I would think this might help. I’ve had great experiences with them on my 15 and 18 Rams. Although they were not e-torque.

Barohar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jami 5.7 etorque
2022 1500 Bighorn- hesitation, with or without auto start on. Talk to the dealer today and they say their technicians cannot replicate the problem. I was very specific and how to make it act up and they’re saying it doesn’t. I also spin the tires a lot at takeoff because of that hesitation and subsequent lunging.

Barohar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jami 5.7 etorque
I too have a 2022 doing the same thing. Took it to the dealer who said all of their Etorque vehicles do the same thing. Told me to contact Chrysler since they can't do anything until they issue a recall. Contacted Chrysler who contacted the dealer and the dealer told them it was working fine. I will get away from the Ram truck as soon as possible now.

saturnx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 Rebel w/ 5.7 etorque and was experiencing the exact same thing. I installed a JMS pedal Max a few weeks ago and it corrected the problem completely.
Good luck with your truck!! If you decide to get a throttle type of enhancer you'll be amazed how hard these etorque motors launch from a dead stop.
Here is snapshot of how I mounted the dial. 20230613_161244.jpg

cajhughesii

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 etorque
I have a 2022 Rebel w/ 5.7 etorque and was experiencing the exact same thing. I installed a JMS pedal Max a few weeks ago and it corrected the problem completely.
Good luck with your truck!! If you decide to get a throttle type of enhancer you'll be amazed how hard these etorque motors launch from a dead stop.
Here is snapshot of how I mounted the dial. View attachment 522930
Did you get the Terrain Drive or the regular? Have noticed my 2023 is doing the same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio