2022 RAM 1500 BIGHORN WITH TECSTAR PACKAGE--ROUGH RIDE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

layden76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good afternoon Everyone,

I just purchased my 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn that had a preinstalled TecStar lift kit. I notice after hitting over 65 mph that I am feeling every bump in the road. I do believe that the tires are out of balance and will take them back to be verified but wanted to see if anyone else with a similar lift package give the same stiff ride? Thanks in advance. 20221104_184125.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
First of all B@D@$$ truck !!! Looks killer !!

These trucks are always going to fill a bit stiff especially the rear ... my truck still jumps around on washboard roads and sometimes feels a little sketchy lol ...

I don't know anything about those TecStar Lift kits but know they are from South Carolina and are custom lift kits .... probably a contract type deal with the surrounding truck dealerships in your area and they get the business ...

If you are feeling just the bumps from the rear then that's to be expected, if you are feeling vibrations through especially through your steering wheel then that can be your wheels/tires being off balance ....

Have the dealership fix it no matter what ... you payed for a truck with a lift package and I wouldn't accept something that you are not comfortable with ....

OP
OP
layden76

layden76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks CheechDog. This is my first Ram truck in over 20 years. I got rid of my 2020 GMC Sierra because it had far too many engine problems (whole nightmare in itself). I am liking everything about this Ram except the ride. I definitely plan to take it back and will post on what happens.

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just a thought. Check the PSI in your tires. Too much, and you'll feel evry little bad spot in the road. I'm worse than Cheech as I know zip about lifts, but I can see where the spring rating that comes with the lift could cause some rough rides. It is a good looking truck for sure, and I hope you can get those little "gremlins" taken care of quickly.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Just a thought. Check the PSI in your tires. Too much, and you'll feel evry little bad spot in the road. I'm worse than Cheech as I know zip about lifts, but I can see where the spring rating that comes with the lift could cause some rough rides. It is a good looking truck for sure, and I hope you can get those little "gremlins" taken care of quickly.
Yes, PSI on those tires can definitely cause a rough ride ... I have my rears at 35 psi and the fronts at 39 psi .... when I first got my truck lifted and got the 37s on there, the rears where 49 psi and the fronts 45 psi ... way too rough of a ride and I felt every single bit of the road especially washboard roads ...

jhgee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I agree mine is running 37X12 with 44psi that’s what the dealership set