2022 Ram 1500 eTorque still has the 8/80 warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndAmend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This post contains redundant information, I created it only in the hope it will be easier to find than individual posts buried in popular threads.

History: The 2021 Ram 1500 Warranty Information booklet specifically includes the 48v Power Pack under the 8/80 Emissions Warranty, the 2022 Warranty Information booklet does not. Some speculated that Ram may have changed the warranty. So I spent much of the last 2 days trying to figure out what really is the warranty on the 22 Power Pack.

It appears that Ram does not want anyone to know the warranty on the 2022 eTorque Power Pack. I could not find a Ram document anywhere that provides explicit terms. Ram chat said 5/60, Ram phone cust serv said 3/36, no one would provide documentation. The answer is, have your Service Manager print out a "Coverages Report". Mine came up showing, based on my VIN, that it is indeed covered for 8/80 under emissions. This was a huge relief.

Thank you to several guys in several forums attaching relevant documents to their posts that helped me figure it out. There is one guy that had the answer but I after reading myself blind over the past 3 days I can't find the post or name. He attached his "Coverages Report" but at the time I did not know it was from the dealer. He had it right, he is the clear winner! Whoever his is, thanks!

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good info.

That's ridiculous that Ram doesn't spell it out in the owner's manual packet, or what's left of that these days.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
This is another good reminder why not to buy the e-torque....

It will be known in history as a short lived and not efficient or cost
effective hybrid device that does nothing well, but causes headaches
down the road.
Resale will hurt badly when these get old, unless there is a way to delete
the thing....

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Covered under warranty but will parts even be available ?

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just don't think anyone is trained on it. Then we added the pandemic and parts shortages and suddenly they leave things out General Motors style. IF you push it and know it's covered, they cover it. IF you don't know it's covered and pay out of pocket, they saved some cash.

I called 2 different dealer service advisors, and they said 8/80. I called MOPAR customer support through the owner's portal online and got 3 IDIOTS! They didn't even understand what Etorque was. They kept quoting me BS from the owner's manual on vehicle electronics like the stereo. The first warranty phone rep told me RAM didn't make hybrid vehicles and argued. I asked the 3rd one if she knew what Etorque was and when she told me "yes" I asked her to explain it annnnnnnnd she could not.