2022 Ram 1500 Limited Rough Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've heard the valve body's there replacing are sometimes worst as the one on the vehicle, the shift solenoids where the fit into the valve body have rough surfaces, that need to be checked out, if you can run your fingernail across it and have it catch on the surface, it needs resurfaced with a fine stone to remove the scratch.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
From what I've heard the valve body's there replacing are sometimes worst as the one on the vehicle, the shift solenoids where the fit into the valve body have rough surfaces, that need to be checked out, if you can run your fingernail across it and have it catch on the surface, it needs resurfaced with a fine stone to remove the scratch.
Speaking of finishes,yesterday when i was helping my buddy out on his Demon,we noticed the differances in finishes on the blowers between his 2018 Demon / his 2021 Red Eye and his 2023 Super Stock.The Demon and Red Eyes blower finishes were twice the quality of his 23 Super Stocks blower finish,with the Demons blower finish being the best.The blower casting on the Super Stock looked like a kid in a sandbox had made the molds compared to his earlier cars.He has a 2015 Hellcat with only 500 kms on it,but it's on his lift over his Super Stock,so we never brought it down to look at it's blower finish,but we did wonder about it's finish on the blower,and if it might have the best quality finish.Things at Stellentis have sure taken a down turn since Covid

JJreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi JJreg,

We're sorry to hear about your concerns. At this time there should be a fix available and we recommend referencing the following TSB's with your dealer:
TSB: 21-034-22
TSB: 18-160-22
TSB: 08-093-22 REV.B

If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to reach out to us via private message.

Lex
Ram Cares
Well here we are sept 6th and my truck is still at the dealer. 3 months. And 2 transmission replacements. Still having rough downshift. I am at a loss of what to do now. Unbelievable

JJreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi JJreg,

We're sorry to hear about your concerns. At this time there should be a fix available and we recommend referencing the following TSB's with your dealer:
TSB: 21-034-22
TSB: 18-160-22
TSB: 08-093-22 REV.B

If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to reach out to us via private message.

Lex
Ram Cares
Here we are sept 6th. My truck is still at the dealer. 2 valve body replacements and now 2 transmission replacements. No one can fix my truck. $60k for a truck that is useless. I’m at a loss of what to do now!!

RetiredTennisPro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 5.7. I have experienced a similar result when I am pulling into my driveway which is fairly steep. It jerks a bit as it downshifts. Have not taken it in for a check up yet. Probably should. Everything else about the truck is good except I lose my resets on the satellite radio ocassionally.

PBTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
2022 Ram 1500 Lonestar eTorque v6. Only 3 very short trips around town so far since my first replaced trans valve body. So far so good, seems a little slow to go from 4 to 5th gear but at least it is shifting and moving forward (vs. previous high rpm with no movement, no gear shifting like it’s in neutral). Also seems to be a long delay downshifting from 8 when fully off the pedal, but maybe that’s normal/OK? Avg MPG is now showing less (16 vs. previous 21.4), but it’s probably relearning. It will need more vigorous testing once I make sure I’m fully covered with premium roadside assistance.

sinister24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
2022 Ram 1500 4x2 Limited etorque. 17k. miles Having similar issues, rough on downshift 4/3/2/1only.took to dealer, they found nothing,tcm update done, its worse, they had my vehicle for 5 days. Going back in few days. Told by NAPLETON DODGE Kissimmee, FL, that truck had learn driving habits after update was done. To drive at least 500miles, also, truck totally turn off after trying to drive off on Stop light. Could off cause accident. How long before Ram will fix issue.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
truck totally turn off after trying to drive off on Stop light. Could off cause accident. How long before Ram will fix issue.
There are software updates that need to be performed on the eTorque system, check with dealer if there are any current updates.

sinister24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
Took Truck to dealer in Kissimmee on 4/1 Per service manager, they found nothing wrong with transmission. He indicated it was the E-troque Braking system and that this is normal. Going to contact Ram Care. Truck currently has 19,980 miles.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good luck with your new truck. I hope it gets fixed soon.

sinister24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
Updated, Ram Dealer applied HCP update, truck still seems to have some issue. Told to take Truck back to dealer to open STAR case.