2022 Ram 1500 Limited - Wipers stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McNoFinger

Reaction score
So after waiting 6 months for my order, my 1500 Limited came in on Saturday and I picked it up the same day. Yesterday, 2 days after pickup, I was driving home from work in some decent rain and all of a sudden the wipers were not working. They would not turn on even after shutting the truck off and turning it back on and the windshield fluid button on the stalk also would not initiate the wipers. After somehow making it home with no wipers in the rain, I sat in the driveway and tried to find out what was going on. I can hear the wiper motor, which sounds very strained, and if try to move the wipers with my hands, I can feel and hear the motor help them along. I’m assuming it’s a problem with the motor. Dropped it back off at the dealership a little while ago. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this. Very frustrating after the long wait and having only 2 days with the new truck.

Andy Richardson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear, what a bummer! I just picked up my new truck yesterday. I haven’t tried the wipers yet…think I’ll try them tomorow.

Hopefully it will be a quick fix. Let us know what they find.

OP
OP
M

McNoFinger

Reaction score
Dealership took the truck in and found a faulty wiper motor. Replaced it the same day, back in business.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. The wipers quit today on my 3 day old 22 Limited. I noticed the wipers were noisy when I picked it up. The sales girl took a video for the service dept. I am expecting the motor as well.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im glad i bought my 2019 first year dt and no problems whew,lol
YUP, I bought mine in Aug. 2018 when they first came out, when they had added options like LED exterior lighting, and such. Now U have to specifically order or go up a lot of trims just to get LED lighting. Makes my tailfeathers wave for sure. Except for recalls, just an AC issue fixed under "TSB" (though I am not 100% happy with the fix, another story), and my E Fan for radiator, (fan on order, no idea when part get in), may be going bad. But all in all, truck been more than OK.

ADDED: I did buy off lot, and got plain jane Uconnect 4 radio, w/o all the OTA upgrade issues either.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
YUP, I bought mine in Aug. 2018 when they first came out, when they had added options like LED exterior lighting, and such. Now U have to specifically order or go up a lot of trims just to get LED lighting. Makes my tailfeathers wave for sure. Except for recalls, just an AC issue fixed under "TSB" (though I am not 100% happy with the fix, another story), and my E Fan for radiator, (fan on order, no idea when part get in), may be going bad. But all in all, truck been more than OK.

ADDED: I did buy off lot, and got plain jane Uconnect 4 radio, w/o all the OTA upgrade issues either.
yes mine has the led bedlight and spray in bed liner led interior pano roof and cargo organizer as well as deployable running boards and nav like you say to get that now you have to order a limited

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
yes mine has the led bedlight and spray in bed liner led interior pano roof and cargo organizer as well as deployable running boards and nav like you say to get that now you have to order a limited
I see nothing wrong with ordering a Limited :p

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U have a lot more options than I have, mine just a Lowly Bighorn. BUT I will neva go back to halogen lighting. I was going to upgrade to a 2500, But U have to go up to a Laramie Trim, at over 60K in TX, to just get what I have now on my Bighorn (just a few more pounds capability and 6.4L motor). I got rebates and bought MY 19 for 41K off 8K from sticker. The new 2500 is 60K plus and not a rebate in sight. YUP, I stay in my 2019, LOL, even though it is 4 years old already, but Paid for.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were U going to organize a gofund page for me so I can get one, roflmao. :anitoof:

ADDED: DO 2nd page, need 52K for new 2021/2022 Honda Trike, also... :Big Laugh: My 2006 Honda a lil dated.

trike front house.jpgturk helmut drive.JPG

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't want more than what the Bighorn has had in the past.
But now the Bighorn is being moved over to the Gen 5 side :(

That leaves the Express & Tradesman on the 4th Gen side, i think

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
yes but i paid $56000 cnd for mine or $44500 us and i bought mine in april 2019 and there was no incentives yet and a limited up here was $82000 cnd