2022 Ram 1500 Production

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoosier Ram Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently, I ordered a 2022 Ram 1500 from my local dealer. They told me that a VIN number has been assigned, but couldn't give me a delivery date. They did say that production has to finish for the 2021's before production on the 2022's can start. Does anyone have any info on when production on the 2022's will start? Thanks in advance.

Dustin

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Recently, I ordered a 2022 Ram 1500 from my local dealer. They told me that a VIN number has been assigned, but couldn't give me a delivery date. They did say that production has to finish for the 2021's before production on the 2022's can start. Does anyone have any info on when production on the 2022's will start? Thanks in advance.

Dustin

Sometime in the Fall as I recall seeing on the Ram Brand sponsored FB site I follow. A lot of people had your exact question directed at them. I think the 2022's will be solid, even more solid than the 2021's. I'm glad you're a patient guy because I wouldn't get very much sleep until the truck was in my hands lol.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's all speculation until all the 2021 models have been built. I've heard everything from late August to November, but all of that is rumors. The truth is no one knows at this point. I doubt even Stellantis knows for sure, although they probably have a good idea.

I was told on April 28th by my dealership that I could no longer order a 2021, and orders for 2022 models would open in early May. I considered ordering a 2022 but was fortunate to find a 2021 Limited, with everything I wanted, on a CDJR lot a couple hundred miles away that my local dealership made a trade for. I'm very glad I did that instead of ordering because I've been enjoying my new truck since May 1st. If I had ordered a 2022 I'd still be waiting for it to even start to be built. My sympathies are with anyone who ordered a 2022, especially those who ordered months ago.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I haven't checked in a while but last I heard the '22s where supposed to start production after the shortened July shut down. Sounds like the plant is stock piling up trucks around the plant possible due to part/chip shortages but no confirmation on what model year they are.

On a similar topic, I did hear from one source that the '22 HD production doesn't kick in until mid-October.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Autoblog had a article yesterday stating that the limited editions would loose the protection package option and the option group featuring the lane keep assist and advance cruise control for the 2022 model year. Also the club cab is now only available in the tradesman and bighorn configuration. Many other changes also with some features only availible in packages now. This is for the 2022 models.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There is a temporary production shut down at SHAP from the 8/30 to 9/7

Floridaboy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
I ordered my 2022 Rebel in June still haven’t got a date when I can pick it up….. all they say is chip shortage smh

tomcuyfalls3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

Dustin
I have the exact same scenario. I have been checking the following site that recently changed the 1500 production start up from 08/25/2022 to 09/11/2022 which hopefully means production has now started and a build date coming in the very near future. https://www.donlen.com/manufacturer...-trucks-build-out-final-order-start-up-dates/

Mwyz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dustin I have been watching the same site and agree with what you said. My son does work for Stelantis and I have him checking periodically. The Sterling Heights plat is running after a week shut down so that is good news. My order went in 7/1 so hopefully I am near the top.

farmersdtr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got notification of my 22 rebel, ESD in 2 weeks. Doubt it but it is an update?
When did you order your 2022? I also ordered a 22 Rebel GT end of July, had a VIN the next week and still shows D status.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Dustin I have been watching the same site and agree with what you said. My son does work for Stelantis and I have him checking periodically. The Sterling Heights plat is running after a week shut down so that is good news. My order went in 7/1 so hopefully I am near the top.
They've been taking orders on '22 models since the first week of May. Which means there are almost 2 months of orders ahead of yours. I'd estimate you are closer to the middle. A member on another 5th gen Ram forum has been tracking this. I can give you an idea of where you stand if you provide the last six digits of your VIN.

McNoFinger

Reaction score
New here and just figured I’d make a similar post. Ordered a 2022 1500 Limited in mid July. I have been assigned a VIN but that’s as far as I am. I’m usually pretty patient and I’m in no rush but we’ll see how long that lasts.

tomcuyfalls3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
MWYZ can you share the last 6 of your VIN for your order on 07/01? My order went in on 07/16/21 and Vin was assigned on 07/23/21 Here is my VIN: 1C6RREJG5NN142626 Curious what yours is if this indicates the incremental order. If the last six is the order number does this mean there is 142k trucks ahead of my order ? YIKES

How about you McNoFinger ? we ordered about the same time, whats your Vin?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not able to reply to your IM for some reason, so I'll respond here. Given your VIN, there are almost 20.5k orders ahead of yours. There have been more than 72k orders placed for 2022 models. Since they just started 2022 production, and at a rate of about 6k trucks per week, it's likely you still have a few weeks before they start building your truck. You do the math. Sorry I can't be more specific.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Crash68 & Mikeru

What Crash68 wrote about they SHAP plant shutting down until September 7th would explain what i saw on the Fleet Ordering sites
Both of them said that they were going to start 2022 production on September 8th

Two Fleet Ordering sites are Donlen & Arifleet, look under Resources for tentative dates

&

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Crash68 & Mikeru

What Crash68 wrote about they SHAP plant shutting down until September 7th would explain what i saw on the Fleet Ordering sites
Both of them said that they were going to start 2022 production on September 8th
Sounds like SHAP is running 7-10s for two shifts building trucks. Trucks will be built without whatever part(s) are effected by the chip shortage and then held until the parts are available.

FYI: when mentioning someone in your post, you need to type a @ directly in front of their name. Doing this will notify them.