2022 Ram 1500 Production

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drossday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Some good news for me at least. Laramie 1500 ordered on 9/4 I got the word it had moved from D1 to F last Thursday February 17th.
Yesterday we got word that is was logged on a train outside of Oakwood Michigan. Thats roughly 23+ weeks and with a hopeful delivery date of 2nd week in March which would be over six months. However, as I understand it my specific build specs were similar to only four other 2022's to be built..a total of 5 in all so - frankly I am thankful it is on its way!

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Recently, I ordered a 2022 Ram 1500 from my local dealer. They told me that a VIN number has been assigned, but couldn't give me a delivery date. They did say that production has to finish for the 2021's before production on the 2022's can start. Does anyone have any info on when production on the 2022's will start? Thanks in advance.

Dustin
I ordered in December. I was told today that my '22 finally moved to d1 for scheduling.

wilkem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered on 10/18/21 and picking it up on 2/26/22. It has been a long wait.......

Bill Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered Laramie 2/27/22 and chatted with ramcare to find out all materials to build my truck are in place but could not give a start date or any predicted completion nor delivery dates. Was politely told to check back any time

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered Laramie 2/27/22 and chatted with ramcare to find out all materials to build my truck are in place but could not give a start date or any predicted completion nor delivery dates. Was politely told to check back any time

Ask your dealer for an updated POC(priced order confirmation), that would have the status code shown on it and if it really is in D1 (parts gathered) than it should have a estimated build date on there as well.

Ramchat isn't the most reliable for information and they've mislead others in the past, so always best to ask the dealer for an updated POC like the one you should have gotten when you ordered. In the past ramchat would give the status codes if asked but it seems that ended a year ago or so, and now they just give out vague answers with varying accuracy.

Bill Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the response. I got dealer to give me start date of March 24 so now question is how many weeks from then to expect?

Bill Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also are my price quotes protected from factory price increases? Thanks

wilkem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a 2022 1500 Classic on October 18 and picked it up on Feb. 26. Your price quote from the dealer is firm. If there are any incentives when you take delivery, you get those also. Good luck

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also are my price quotes protected from factory price increases? Thanks
I ordered a 2022 1500 Classic on October 18 and picked it up on Feb. 26. Your price quote from the dealer is firm. If there are any incentives when you take delivery, you get those also. Good luck

That price is firm if the dealer selected price protection when submitting the order, otherwise they may stick you with any increase in price.

Just from what I've seen on this forum and more so over on the 5th gen rams forum.

jrozzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello everyone, new here. Ordered a 2022 1500 bighorn with back country package on 2/7/22. Still in D status as of today. Waiting is killing me.

Bill Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any thoughts on trade whether sell outright or trade in to save on sales tax?

Skinstains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 etorque GT
Nube on here...
Ordered a 2 tone black/white Rebel GT "night edition" with about everything but mult. gate and ram boxes...put in on Feb. 26, 2022-
Does anyone on here have an idea how long the wait is going to be? The dealer said 2-6 months but wasn't sure. Even that is quite a wide time estimate and I am guessing they have no clue.
I'm willing to wait to get what I want but am not super excited about having no idea when it'll be built. Any input would be greatly apreciated!

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
185 Days....It has arrived !

View attachment 488148
Laramie Diesel? 6.4 bed? Gorgeous truck! Anyone have insight as to what can be mixed on the line? I get the paint booth wouldn’t want to paint blue then white then a red one at a time, can they match any engine to a chassis? Interiors? Do all sunroof or no sunroofs together? How far down the option list does it get before they just match parts to a truck individually on the line?

Ssg_Rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I put in a build request at the dealer for a 2022 1500 Laramie night edition with the G/T package on 6 July. Looking at the tracker the dealer sent me I have a 17 digit vin, but when I check the build sheet site I get no data. Also the milestone tracker says waiting to be scheduled for production. At the same time I called the dealer about potentially changing the paint color which I was told its too late. Any idea what my build status actually is?