2022 Ram 2500 build codes/times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon Toms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V-8
My dealer says my truck is in stage D. My question is, does anyone know how long from stage D to built? Thanks. Trying to schedule to get plow put on asap

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
C Status means they have your Order
D Status means they are checking their inventory to see if they have enough parts to build your Ram
D1 Status means that they have the parts in stock & they have set a Date & Time to begin building your Ram

Jonathan Tripp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
D Status means they are checking their inventory to see if they have enough parts to build your Ram
D1 Status means that they have the parts in stock & they have set a Date & Time to begin building your Ram
Problem is the wait time between D and D1 is the magical unknown time period these days.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That is true enough
My salesman kept me informed through it all
My 2016 Ram 1500 was loaded onto a train, the same day that the assembly Plant closed for the 2 week Holiday Closure, December 17th 2015
It took 4 weeks to travel by train & then by car hauler to get to San Diego

DIMford

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Cummins Diesel
Brandon, I'm in the same boat. Does anyone know how long it takes to build a 2500 Laramie once it is in a D1 status?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
In more normal times, depending on the backup, i would guess at 10 to 15 days

You should all know that all the assembly plants are closed right now for the Holidays. plant cleanup & machine adjusting, etc.

DIMford

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Cummins Diesel
In more normal times, depending on the backup, i would guess at 10 to 15 days

You should all know that all the assembly plants are closed right now for the Holidays. plant cleanup & machine adjusting, etc.

Thanks. I was asking since I was expecting a VIN number in December and didn't receive one. I am trying to figure out how worried I should be about not having a vehicle when I get back CONUS and need one in March. I jumped on this thread instead of adding more of the same.