2022 Ram 2500 OEM Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L V8 HEMI
I made the mistake of not ordering running boards and now that my 2022 RAM is finally here my family has trouble getting and and out of it. Tried doing a bunch of research, but things are not all that clear. My #1 choice are the "Painted Flat Wheel-to-Wheel Side-Steps" (to match the Night Edition) on the Build your RAM order website. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them to order and my dealer doesn't know. Anyone have any ideas on this? My guess was it's new to 2022 and they're just not available through Mopar yet, but not sure if that's right. Considering just waiting a few months but not sure that will help.

Mopar 82215086AC look ok, but only so so on the look. And it's hard to tell what they actually look like, in the picture it shows in single step and two mounts even though I'm pretty sure that's not the case for Crew Cab (the installation instructions show 3 mount, but I still don't know what they'll look like on the vehicle).

Mopar 82213616AB also look ok, but not quite as nice with the Night Edition. Considering getting these and painting them black (or getting Line-X to coat them). They look better quality than the black one (and wheel to wheel which seems nice).

Anyone have experience or recommendation with either of those 2? Would really appreciate it!

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Andy, the dealer can put in your VIN # and order from that if they’re available. I had to do the same thing when I got my ‘21 2500 back in March. These are stainless and black, not what you want, but they are very sturdy wheel to wheel. I put them on myself, not hard. Definitely 3 bolt on points. D96A331B-52FC-4210-ADA6-EDA2A8E99BA9.jpeg On line sources were confusing so I bit the bullet and paid MOPAR about $600 for them.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Andy, the dealer can put in your VIN # and order from that if they’re available. I had to do the same thing when I got my ‘21 2500 back in March. These are stainless and black, not what you want, but they are very sturdy wheel to wheel. I put them on myself, not hard. Definitely 3 bolt on points. View attachment 480264 On line sources were confusing so I bit the bullet and paid MOPAR about $600 for them.
That's about what I paid as an option when I ordered my truck. I really believe three fat guys could jump on those and never phase them.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That's about what I paid as an option when I ordered my truck. I really believe three fat guys could jump on those and never phase them.
Agreed, even on the aft portion that extends to the rear well.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The factory boards are great. Somebody will have them. These trucks are hard to get in and out of without them. Good luck.

Red

SKS 800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you want factory running boards, I’ve found the easiest thing to do is go on autotrader and find a truck that is the same model you have with the running boards you want. Get the VIN number off autotraders sight, take it to your dealer and tell them you want the running boards that match this VIN. They can get the part number quickly then.

Lee Pedrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I made the mistake of not ordering running boards and now that my 2022 RAM is finally here my family has trouble getting and and out of it. Tried doing a bunch of research, but things are not all that clear. My #1 choice are the "Painted Flat Wheel-to-Wheel Side-Steps" (to match the Night Edition) on the Build your RAM order website. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them to order and my dealer doesn't know. Anyone have any ideas on this? My guess was it's new to 2022 and they're just not available through Mopar yet, but not sure if that's right. Considering just waiting a few months but not sure that will help.

Mopar 82215086AC look ok, but only so so on the look. And it's hard to tell what they actually look like, in the picture it shows in single step and two mounts even though I'm pretty sure that's not the case for Crew Cab (the installation instructions show 3 mount, but I still don't know what they'll look like on the vehicle).

Mopar 82213616AB also look ok, but not quite as nice with the Night Edition. Considering getting these and painting them black (or getting Line-X to coat them). They look better quality than the black one (and wheel to wheel which seems nice).

Anyone have experience or recommendation with either of those 2? Would really appreciate it!
Rhino linings.com. Wheel to wheel. Look awsome! If you can find a store near you they sell all kinds of truck stuff.

Last edited:

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get power one, they are impressive and feel great on the foot, much wider than the tube style

paintrain8

Reaction score
Ram Year
07', 17, 2022
Engine
the ones on irishthereepers 2021 are the sameones that came from factory on my 2017. ive had 300+ lb friends in an outta my truck on them, zero flex with those factory brackets! alotta aftermarket companys make them, the tubes dont tend to flex, the mounting brackets are the important thing! the 2022s are more of a flat step, pretty nice!

randyr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
try this site-its where I buy all my 2022 3500 needs https://www.carid.com don't know how to make link respond correctly--At $950.00 I got the automatic steps and love them; I really like the "invisible" look they have when retracted.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Get power one, they are impressive and feel great on the foot, much wider than the tube style
Agreed. I ordered the factory power boards on my Laramie, best idea I ever had. Tuck up out of the way when not in use, can easily leave tehm deployed in the parking lot to reduce door dings, and they cut the step in height in half for easy entry. Also, the wide step has enough room that you can put your full foot on it and they aren't slippery when muddy or wet. Absolutely great for short people or those that have mobility issues.

These are in the deployed position.

yunnust.jpg