2022 Ram 2500 Trans Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello again. 2022 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4. The truck runs and pulls our camper great. In fact it has been a pleasure to travel the country now. This is the question, transmission upshifts fine, but on the downshift I am hearing what I consider a rattle. It does this in the lower gears while coming to a stop. Almost as if it's rattling into the next lower gear. Truck has about 3500 miles on it and will do it in tow haul mode as well as with the exhaust brake. Does anyone else have this issue? Also, parking on an incline the transmission makes a heck of a clank/clunk as you are shifting it from park. I am thinking this is due to the driveline being in a bind while on an incline. I try and set the park break to help with this. Thanks

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I have a 2021 4x4 and I don't hear any noises. 14K miles.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Parking on a incline that behavior is normal. The "rattle" is going to be hard to troubleshoot over the internet. Take advantage of that warranty and have the dealer look into it.