2022 Rebel G/T Passive Entry and Locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Strange problem. My truck is about 2 weeks old, just in the last week the locking button on the drivers door is acting up. the Fobs both work fine and when you press the button on the door handle the fob flashes. The passenger door works fine with the fob and passive button. but it used to work while the Fob was in my pocket. Now I have to hold the fob up to the door for the button to work or lock the truck with the Fob.
Any Ideas? Anyone had a problem like this

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did you happen to replace any incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs? This is a known issue on 2019 thru 2021 models.

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Mikeru, I did replace the 3rd brake light and the cargo lights with led can bus safe bulbs. Hmm, I may have to change them back and see if that fixes the problem.
Thanks!

Lee955i

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive also discovered that if they change the street lamps to the new LED's, it screws up the fobs/entry big time!

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Mikeru, I did replace the 3rd brake light and the cargo lights with led can bus safe bulbs. Hmm, I may have to change them back and see if that fixes the problem.
Thanks!
Mikeru, Good call, I replaced the cargo lamps with the incandecent lamps and the problem went away! I left the led 3rd brake light installed and see if that causes any issues. Thanks!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Glad it was a simple fix for you. :waytogo:

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Glad it was a simple fix for you. :waytogo:
i talked to the dealer and they had no clue, chatted with FCA and they said talk to the dealer. I will let the dealer know what I found (Or you found) Thanks again, I was really racking my brain and wondering what was going on with a brand new truck. Glad It was something I did rather than a truck problem. Thanks Again!