2022 Rebel GT On Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1500Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered a Laramie GT as well and I'm pretty stoked. A few questions for the group:

1. Are tow hooks unavailable with the GT?
2. Can the 6x4 box be ordered with this package?
3. Were you able to lock in any incentives when you ordered? There are some good ones now, but the dealership told me they can only apply incentives that are available at the moment time of delivery.

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Just ordered a Laramie GT as well and I'm pretty stoked. A few questions for the group:

3. Were you able to lock in any incentives when you ordered? There are some good ones now, but the dealership told me they can only apply incentives that are available at the moment time of delivery.
Tow hooks are tied to the trim package - the Rebel has them. The bed size is also tied to the package. The Rebel is only available with the 5x7 box. I recommend using the build function on the ram website, it is fairly accurate. I was not given the opportunity to apply incentives at the time of order. I mean, by the time you actually take delivery of the truck the incentives will be gone or different so you will only able to apply incentives at the time of delivery.

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Or just sell to a private party. If you get more than the sales tax, you'll come out on top

But yeah, still pick a new dealership.
I sold my Tacoma to Carmax. I find they tend to pay out above average and better than dealer trade, at least in my area.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

#3 is generally true

Tow hooks are tied to the trim package - the Rebel has them. The bed size is also tied to the package. The Rebel is only available with the 5x7 box. I recommend using the build function on the ram website, it is fairly accurate. I was not given the opportunity to apply incentives at the time of order. I mean, by the time you actually take delivery of the truck the incentives will be gone or different so you will only able to apply incentives at the time of delivery.

#3 depends on the dealer, a good dealer will offer you the option for whichever is better (time or order or time of delivery). A good dealer will also offer or comply when asked, to make sure price protection is selected to protect buyer/seller from increases in MSRP from time or order until time of delivery. Not sure where OP is located but Mark Dodge in Louisiana is well known on these forums to be the best dealer to order from from a pricing and service standpoint. I ordered from them from 1500 miles away as they were the closest dealer worth working with. They will offer you whatever incentives are better and will price protect, along with giving a very healthy dealer discount before any rebates/incentives are applied. IF the OP didn't get a good dealer discount before incentives/rebates then I would consider sending my build to MD to see what they could do pricing wise.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Rebel DS and DT variants, I believe, only have the 5'7" box because that is the only "standard" bed size available with Crew Cab, which is also the only option available for the Rebels. However, my cheater Rebel (read DS/Classic Warlock) has the Quad Cab option available, with the 6'4" bed, and otherwise looks very similar to the DS Rebels.

One thing about that build function, I am pretty sure that the dealers can mess around with that, and select some parts that we as regular customers cannot.

Lewbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got some good weather, so I gave the truck a good wash and here are some pics, with the engine room and the Ram CAI. I realized there is no way to tell the difference in the exhaust, and the pavement was wet, so no undercarriage shots. OH, and I put on Carhartt rear seat covers, and took the puppy for a ride.

Tell me about the seat covers! I want exactly the same for my doggo problem.