2022 UConnect 5 and HUD Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
On my new 2022 Longhorn, I set up the HUD's operating parameters, the brightness, location, and one of the display formats. Hit the "save" and all is good until the next ignition cycle where all the HUD settings are reset to their default values. Is anyone else have this issue with a 2022 and UConnect 5?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
With Uconnect 5 you can have multiple profiles. Make sure that it didn't change profiles. I dealt with this on my wife's Pacifica and couldn't figure out why my presets kept disappearing.

OP
OP
BossHogg

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
With Uconnect 5 you can have multiple profiles. Make sure that it didn't change profiles. I dealt with this on my wife's Pacifica and couldn't figure out why my presets kept disappearing.
Good information. When I start the vehicle, I get prompted for a profile and it defaults to me so I don't think that is it. I will pay closer attention to what profile is displayed (just in case) and then verify the profile. As of right now, I only have one profile created but that doesn't mean it is the one selected after I click the pop-up profile box.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
There is a setting which ties your personal profile settings to the key fob. Make sure that is on.

Also, I noticed that when I started the vehicle is was prompting me with the user profile, but it looked like it wanted me to press the screen to set it up. I was confused as to why because I had already renamed it and everything. Well I pressed the screen, renamed it again to my name and saved. Now it doesn’t prompt me to change it anymore.

OP
OP
BossHogg

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
There is a setting which ties your personal profile settings to the key fob. Make sure that is on.

Also, I noticed that when I started the vehicle is was prompting me with the user profile, but it looked like it wanted me to press the screen to set it up. I was confused as to why because I had already renamed it and everything. Well I pressed the screen, renamed it again to my name and saved. Now it doesn’t prompt me to change it anymore.
Got the FOB set up, my dealer did that for me before I left. They actually set that up and paired my phone for me, set up the display for a split between NAV and XM radio. I guess they wanted me to get home undistracted.

I discovered in the apps drawer, you can edit the profile and one of the options is to turn off the profile splash screen which I did.
Figured it out, it wasn't an issue with profiles it was a confused old man, me, simply a case of too much technology all at once. A couple of days ago, I set the HUD display up the way I wanted it then saved my settings using the driver's door panel switches. This morning I went out to the truck and discovered my HUD settings were now stored. Guess I got the cart before the horse. Thanks for putting me on the correct path.

I've read the Uconnect 5 users' manual three times now, still discovering features. The section that discusses personalization settings fails to mention the HUD settings.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Glad to hear. Enjoy that new ride!

Stebone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L eTorque
I just purchased a 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie with uConnect 8.4 Nav. When I use either Apple Play (Apple Maps) or the uConnect NAV maps and the HUD is set for MPH or any other display (e.g. economy, tire pressure, etc.), the directional NAV overides what you have set. Why do I need directions in two places when the uConnect 8.4 screen is already giving me directions. There has to be a way to not allow the navigation system to override my current HUD. BTW, I only have one profile setup.

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
As suggested, have the correct profile. However, Uconnect 5 has mind of his own. Every day is new day. Yesterday morning everything was fine afternoon all presets were gone. Frankly I am extremley disappointed. I am not bashing RAM; I love my truck but UConnect ??? Then they want you pay 300 dollars for stupid APP that should be free after paying 64K for the truck. I get anoying messages that your subscription expired (APP), i have diabled the messaging works for couple week then pops up again. it is like being haressed by the car and emails to renvew my sunscription. I called them and told them stop but no change. I bought and have 2019 Pilot touring, I set up my apps and my pesrsonal setting when I bought the car new everything there after almost 3 years.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP, U Connect 5, way too many reported bugs. Makes me happy I have an early DT truck build (Apr 2018), with plain jane U Connect 4 radio (No NAV< SOS< etc). Just does what it needs to do and pairs to my phone for Carplay. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the simple life.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
While I had my truck in for a recall they updated my radio software, I was told I my radio had the wrong software installed :893Chainsaw-Smilie- now that its been update I have not yet had any problems so far but then it only been a week without problems so there is hope...