2023 ram 2500 order timeline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Phew... remember, "Good things come to those that wait."
I'm willing to bet that it'll be worth the wait once you receive it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Carlucci89
went into production on 3/17/23
It takes 16 hours to build it

Then it gets sent to the Body Vendor, they install things like
side steps, bed liners, hitch receivers, etc.

Then it goes for final inspection
Then is moved to the loading area

From there it is up to the railroad

OP
OP
C

carlucci89

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
The vehicle is now listed as built! The estimated delivery date is scheduled for May 8th.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My tracking showed built March 14th estimated delivery tomorrow but shipped status is still listed as TBD

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
2024 Ram order bank should open any day now

Don't expect to see any for sale until at least October

2023 Ram Heavy Duty models can no longer be Factory ordered

OP
OP
C

carlucci89

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Well I got the call today.......162 days later....my vehicle has arrived at the dealer. It will take me a few more days to get down there for inspection but at least the clock has stopped.

Last edited:

bjc3b

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@carlucci89 Have you received your Ram yet?

I am still waiting on mine and my timeline is similar to yours:

Order placed: January 6, 2023
Order Confirmed: January 12, 2023
Scheduled: January 12, 2023
In Production: January 23, 2023
Vehicle Built: January 27, 2023
Shipped: February 2, 2023

The earliest Estimated Delivery date was February 28. 2023 (I'm sure I have a screenshot some where), but it has just been pushed out a week or so with each passing date. I have contacted my local dealer a handful of times but they have not proven to be of much use. They only additional information they have provide is that the truck arrived in Buffalo, NY at the Norfolk Southern Vehicle Distribution Center on April 8, 2023 and currently remains there. During the past week, I have tried contacting various parties at FCA and Ram through the available customer service numbers to get answers as to why it is still sitting in Buffalo when they are no known delays but they are apparently only able to report the information already available to customers through the order tracking website, however, during one of these calls the rep "reset" the Shipped date to May 4, 2023 so now it appears as if the truck sat in Mexico for 4 months but is finally on the move.

Attachments

• Ram 2500 2-2.jpg
    Ram 2500 2-2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 9
  • Ram 2500 5-4.jpg
    Ram 2500 5-4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Ram 2500 Buffalo.jpg
    Ram 2500 Buffalo.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

The earliest Estimated Delivery date was February 28. 2023 (I'm sure I have a screenshot some where), but it has just been pushed out a week or so with each passing date. I have contacted my local dealer a handful of times but they have not proven to be of much use. They only additional information they have provide is that the truck arrived in Buffalo, NY at the Norfolk Southern Vehicle Distribution Center on April 8, 2023 and currently remains there. During the past week, I have tried contacting various parties at FCA and Ram through the available customer service numbers to get answers as to why it is still sitting in Buffalo when they are no known delays but they are apparently only able to report the information already available to customers through the order tracking website, however, during one of these calls the rep "reset" the Shipped date to May 4, 2023 so now it appears as if the truck sat in Mexico for 4 months but is finally on the move.

Once your truck arrives at the rail yard as to when it will get released is then at the mercy of the Union rail road workers, I have read of a few cases where trucks in the last year sat in the rail yard for 4 months, I was lucky mine truck only sat in the rail yard 3 weeks before it was released to the transport truck for the 75 miles trip to the dealer and my dealer informed me of what the hold up was, there is nothing they can do to make the rail yard work faster.. As for it sitting in MX for 4 months I've been told that once it's build and passed inspection it gets sent to the plants holding yard for shipping, once their it gets classified as shipped even thou its waiting for the rail car to be filled and then moved onto the main rail line for its trip to the USA....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
bjc3b
you made your order through a Fleet Purchase
i don't know why, but Fleet Orders are handled a bit differently

OP
OP
C

carlucci89

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine

It showed up at the dealer last week. I went down and looked at it today. It was filthy with dirt from sitting around but ot has arrived. From Order to dealer 162 days.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ordered mine the first week in January; arrived at the dealer the second week in March. Last year, I ordered a 1500 the first week in July and on Dec 1st it was still in Mexico. I cancelled that order. I figure 120 days is being real patient waiting for a vehicle.

OP
OP
C

carlucci89

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
The event is over, I now own the vehicle. Quite a process and glad it's over. I'm happy with the vehicle. I went with the vinyl seats, I was surprised with the quality, very nice, for my purposes better than the cloth. Went with manual locks, but the tailgate locks are on the fob. Dual alternators came with the snow chief group. Don't care for the dial a gear. Love the mirrors and the cluster. Look forward to the next few years. Safe travels.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i have a question ?

You mentioned that you , "Went with manual locks"

what do you mean by that, does that mean the doors only unlock if you have a key ?
Or does it mean that you can Lock the doors with both the FOB & or the Key ?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i have a question ?

what do you mean by that, does that mean the doors only unlock if you have a key ?
It means you have to unlock the doors with a key, the fob is only for the tailgate. Which I find odd. What good does locking the tailgate do unless you have a tonneau cover or camper shell that also locks? I got manual locks on mine, along with manual windows. I'm not too lazy to unlock my own door and roll down my own window.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carlucci89

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
i have a question ?

The vehicle has manual cab locks. You unlock it the old fashion way with a key. The tailgate has a key lock as well. The fob is used to start the vehicle and has a push button for remote unlock of the tailgate...odd to say the least.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Th
The vehicle has manual cab locks. You unlock it the old fashion way with a key. The tailgate has a key lock as well. The fob is used to start the vehicle and has a push button for remote unlock of the tailgate...odd to say the least.
The only thing my fob does is lock/unlock the tailgate. There isn't even any way to do it with a key, so the only thing my key is for is to unlock the doors.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I wonder if Chrysler/Stellantis really listened to buyers that were tired of having their vehicles stolen out of their driveways.

Thieves have developed a signal grabber, that grabbed the FOBs signal, even if the FOB was not in use, like on a shelf in the homes

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was ordered January 25tb and shows it has been built since March 11th. It hasn't moved since. The arrival date switched 2 times then has been saying TBD since.