2023 Ram 3500 ordering NO MORE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggie12

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997, now 2024
Engine
V-10, now 6.4l Hemi
So - I went to a dealer today to spec out a 2023 Ram 3500 and get a price to put one on order. Guess what? Ram is NO LONGER accepting orders for the 2023 Ram 3500 model. Yes, it's only mid-May - order lines were closed in mid-April sometime, apparently. This dealer still has some 2022's left on the lot!

To make matters worse, the online programming has not yet been created for the 2024 builds. So the authorized dealer can log into the system, create a new build/order sheet, and select from most of the options which are the same as last year. But: No prices are available yet. And there are also glitches with selecting the packages that are always required for each trim line (the so-called 'Level' packages).

As a consequence, dealers are unable to place an order for any Ram 3500 at this time. The dealer rep admitted that it was quite early in the year to be closing orders, and also mentioned that the close-off date for each model is staggered. So one can still apparently order 2500s and 1500s I guess. The rep said he thought the online build/order sheet issues should be resolved by the end of the month.

Needless to say I was a little steamed. Does Mr Right Hand know what Mr Left Hand is doing, over at Ram Fiat? I would have thought the transition would be MANAGED.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It is not unusual to stop orders in April & May.
They have a target date of June 30, to manufacture all of the 2023 Factory Orders.

July 1 begins the new production year

You should know that, all of the Truck manufacturers want to have the New Production Year Trucks on display during the
TEXAS STATE FAIR

The Ram Assembly Plant in Saltillo Mexico usually finishes production first.
In some years, IF the Ram 1500 assembly plants still have unforefilled orders, the Saltillo Plant have helped the 1500 plants catch up on its orders.

Normally only the Standard Cab 1500s are made in Saltillo Mexico, BUT they have the ability to make Crew Cab 1500s

If you were to be able to go into production files, you would find Ram 1500 Crew Cabs built in Saltillo Mexico, but only in some years.

OP
OP
A

Aggie12

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997, now 2024
Engine
V-10, now 6.4l Hemi
Thanks very much for the inputs, much appreciated. Waiting on a reply from Mark Dodge in Lake Charles.

AnthonyRI

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
2500/3500 switched over 5/11 for our region (southwest business district). We CAN order (and are) dealer-stock units for the lots 2024, but correct this is without pricing. Actual code guides are not published yet which will show the changes, inclusions, pricing, etc. We have been told in conference call that this will be for July production.

For recent benchmark, Jeep Wrangler flipped from 23 to 24 on March 15th, pricing came out April 26th if I recall correctly, still no update to the consumer facing jeep.com. We can see that the first blind orders we placed for basic wranglers (not 4xe or 392) are just starting to get build dates for the very end of this month.

1500's still available to order, however certain configurations and packages are starting to disappear. 1500 Bighorn & Laramie have significant rebates to encourage end of model year orders, Rebel, limited, longhorn still nothing. HD's didn't have any incentives anyway, so all we lose is time (and whatever the price increase is going to be)

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Does Mr Right Hand know what Mr Left Hand is doing, over at Ram Fiat? I would have thought the transition would be MANAGED.
Yeah, it is managed to their liking, not yours. They know what they are doing. Probably already have 2023 orders booked out and supply chain queued to manage the plant capacity to support.

Car makers are no longer chasing every unit they can make, just the units they can sell at better margins and maintain low supply there by keeping demand artificially high.

We are past the days of old where they would take every order they could get and just run a extra shift or start up another production line elsewhere.

No longer can count on full calendar year model years anymore.

Shorn351

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a 2022 3500 dually at the end of April leftover 6.7SO. Between dealer discount and incentives saved 9000.00 on a Laramie night edition. 2023 tech not that important to me. Price was more important.

Big D A12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO Cummins
The dealer I work with was given 2 3500 allocations for 2023. Both allocations were filled and ordered in October of 2022, mine being one of them. Neither truck has been delivered to date.

I do believe the right hand knows what the left hand is doing, they just refuse to let the customer know what is happening. They have forgotten we do have other choices....or just don't care.

D

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
They have forgotten we do have other choices....or just don't care.

D
We have choices, but all are singing from the same hymn book. I ordered a '24 Sierra 3500 March 15, and the order hasn't even been picked up by GM yet, let alone build scheduled. While shooting the breeze with my sales guy, a customer called him to cancel a Ford that had been ordered 16 months ago. It's a total cluster**** and they are taking full advantage.

GIJoeJarhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 HD
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
OK . . . . reading through this post and comments . . . great information BTW. I AM planning to order a 2024 3500 Cummins in October, and I also have a Friends of Family Plan PIN. I was told by the man who gave it to me that as per Chrysler I should be able to order my truck with upgrades/packages, etc. at dealer cost with this plan.
So . . . . will this save me more $$$ than normal incentives being offered by RAM? What issues should I see as far as being able to actually order my truck in the Fall?
I have 2 different dealers I am looking at here in the greater Phoenix area, Earnhardt CDJR in Queen Creek or Chapman CDJR in Scottsdale, so any thoughts, comments on either of those dealers is also appreciated.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'd be like oh look at that Chevy is still taking orders, then slide into a new Duramax. They're all the same when they're broken...