'21 Limited is supposed to be in tomorrow (9/13)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20Blackout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
.....nearly $74,000 for a truck....dang, that's a tough pill to swallow, but I bet it's going to be a phenomenal drive. Congrats and enjoy!

I love people like you...”$74,000 for a truck...that’s a tough pill to swallow”. You know nothing about the OP and his financial situation. Maybe $74,000 is a tough pill for you to swallow. If it is, then don’t buy a $74,000 truck. But why can’t you leave your $0.02 about the cost of the truck out of your post and just say, “Nice truck. Congrats and enjoy.”

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I love people like you...”$74,000 for a truck...that’s a tough pill to swallow”. You know nothing about the OP and his financial situation. Maybe $74,000 is a tough pill for you to swallow. If it is, then don’t buy a $74,000 truck. But why can’t you leave your $0.02 about the cost of the truck out of your post and just say, “Nice truck. Congrats and enjoy.”
Nice first post...I will say he's right. It is a lot to spend for a truck. I can afford to buy a $74k truck, but I still think it's a tough pill to swallow. But I still remember when trucks were cheaper than cars LOL.

Last time I checked, people have the right to express their opinions, especially in a forum environment. It's awesome that he can spend that much on a truck. I say do what makes you happy. I also say it's okay to say it's a lot of money, because for most people it is. In case you missed it he did say "Congrats and enjoy!". I see no problem with him expressing his opinion.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi

No worries. That IS a lot of money for a truck, but that was obviously retail... I didn't pay retail - got a great deal for being a '21 where there is not much for financial incentives.

All that being said, I'm 64 years old, didn't have **** growing up, worked my butt off, and now I'm fortunate and blessed enough that I can afford to have a truck like this.

All is good!

20Blackout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice first post...I will say he's right. It is a lot to spend for a truck. I can afford to buy a $74k truck, but I still think it's a tough pill to swallow. But I still remember when trucks were cheaper than cars LOL.

Last time I checked, people have the right to express their opinions, especially in a forum environment. It's awesome that he can spend that much on a truck. I say do what makes you happy. I also say it's okay to say it's a lot of money, because for most people it is. In case you missed it he did say "Congrats and enjoy!". I see no problem with him expressing his opinion.

Thought your post said that people have the right to express their opinions...I didn’t see the part where there was a required number of posts until I could express mine.

So it’s ok for someone to say it’s a lot of money? Why is that? People feel it is ok to blurt out “lots of money to spend on a truck”. So then is it ok to say “blue truck? Who the hell would buy that color”? I think that would be rude. But, apparently in your world, that’s ok, because people have a right to express their opinion. I say, keep your negative opinions to yourself. Like my mom always told me, if you don’t have anything nice to say...

that’s the problem with the forum environment...people say things in typing that they wouldn’t say to someone in person. And if you tell me that you would walk up to someone that you don’t know and tell them that their truck was too expensive, I call BS.

plus, for those of us who chose to spend $70k plus on their truck, it is very unwelcoming...

Njt07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 etorque
Thought your post said that people have the right to express their opinions...I didn’t see the part where there was a required number of posts until I could express mine.

So it’s ok for someone to say it’s a lot of money? Why is that? People feel it is ok to blurt out “lots of money to spend on a truck”. So then is it ok to say “blue truck? Who the hell would buy that color”? I think that would be rude. But, apparently in your world, that’s ok, because people have a right to express their opinion. I say, keep your negative opinions to yourself. Like my mom always told me, if you don’t have anything nice to say...

that’s the problem with the forum environment...people say things in typing that they wouldn’t say to someone in person. And if you tell me that you would walk up to someone that you don’t know and tell them that their truck was too expensive, I call BS.

plus, for those of us who chose to spend $70k plus on their truck, it is very unwelcoming...

jeebus who pissed in your wheaties? Thats a lot of suppositions, judgements and assumptions.

KlatuBaradaNikto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

My comment about that being your first post was because people are often judged by first impressions. Your first impression to the forum was that you're aggressive and confrontational. So I congratulated you on that. Your second post in this thread only reinforces that. In retrospect, I could have been less of an ass about it and welcomed you to the forum. So for that I apologize. I do not apologize for the rest of my comments though, and stand by them.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Also, the rear step is configured differently. Must have been included with one of the packages, as I did not order that.

View attachment 221591

So question for you on this step... is it useful? it almost looks like the tailgate would stick out further than the step... So you cant even use it to climb up?

Or am i ********?

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So question for you on this step... is it useful? it almost looks like the tailgate would stick out further than the step... So you cant even use it to climb up?

Or am i ********?

I think they move it a bit for the multi-function tail gate, though I agree, it doesn't look very useful if you drop the gate in the traditional way

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I think they move it a bit for the multi-function tail gate, though I agree, it doesn't look very useful if you drop the gate in the traditional way

Ahh. i forgot about the new fangled tailgates. i guess this would then make sense. Kinda sucks though that it looks like you can only use the step if opening only half the tailgate.

Where does ram come up with these things.

20Blackout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My comment about that being your first post was because people are often judged by first impressions. Your first impression to the forum was that you're aggressive and confrontational. So I congratulated you on that. Your second post in this thread only reinforces that. In retrospect, I could have been less of an ass about it and welcomed you to the forum. So for that I apologize. I do not apologize for the rest of my comments though, and stand by them.

Right. And my first impressions of you are the same...you are the only person who decided to Interject your feelings on my post, which wasn’t directed at you. Which means that you are just as aggressive and confrontational as I am. Moving on now...not worth any further response...

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Right. And my first impressions of you are the same...
:banghead:...not worth the aggravation. Not going to derail this thread any more than it already has been.

Have yourself a nice day.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Right. And my first impressions of you are the same...you are the only person who decided to Interject your feelings on my post, which wasn’t directed at you. Which means that you are just as aggressive and confrontational as I am. Moving on now...not worth any further response...
:banghead:...not worth the aggravation. Not going to derail this thread any more than it already has been.

Have yourself a nice day.
You ladies gonna be at this all night or what? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You ladies gonna be at this all night or what? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Haha...already said I was done, and it sounds like he's moving on. So I think we're good. :waytogo:

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ahh. i forgot about the new fangled tailgates. i guess this would then make sense. Kinda sucks though that it looks like you can only use the step if opening only half the tailgate.

Where does ram come up with these things.
Yea, with the traditional tailgate down position, the step is worthless. But if you are using the multi function option (car door), it's really nice. Also, if the tailgate it up, it's nice as well.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea, with the traditional tailgate down position, the step is worthless. But if you are using the multi function option (car door), it's really nice. Also, if the tailgate it up, it's nice as well.
Do you know if you can install both this step and the corner step for use when the tailgate is used traditionally?

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you know if you can install both this step and the corner step for use when the tailgate is used traditionally?
I don't. I would check with the service department. My step bolts to the frame. Not sure if the corner step shares the same attachment location or not.

Kevin Legge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eco
I got it at dealer invoice - 68k, plus a $500 rebate and 60 mos @0%. Plus I got the 100k mile warranty at cost as well. Not many incentives for '21 model year at this point. But overall, I'm happy with the deal I got. They pushed back hard on the invoice thing, as these trucks are going for a premium. Anyway, freakin' love the truck.
How much did the warranty set you back?