22' Ram 1500 5.7 with 12" Alpine system Sub install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmuniz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone! I turned to the forums and tried researching the best I could. I am still totally confused as to what exactly I need to get this working properly. I have a 22 ram 1500 with the 5.7 (ANC) and the 12" alpine system. I'm trying to connect my Audio Control LC2 and Kicker amp/sub. What harness if any do I need? Currently tapped into the amp under the seat and I am getting incredible feedback of the car's engine in the subwoofer, had to disconnect.

A lot of what I am reading is to bypass the ANC with ANC-CH01 however that is not compatible with the alpine system.

Which harness do I actually need? Do I need to invest in AP4-CH41 R2 with APH-CH03 or what is my solution here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I will post pictures of install when issue is resolved.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
If you are just adding a sub and want a clean signal, you need the AP4-CH41 R2 and https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amplifier-integration-harness/aphch42 because the Uconnect 5 has a different harness than comes with the AMPPro. You don't need the APH-CH03 unless you are planning on doing a full custom install (might need the ANC bypass harness from that kit though). I would contact PAC and see if you can use this https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-subwoofer-interfaces/apsub-ch41 with the updated uConnect5 harness if you only ever plan to run a sub amp.

With either device, you just plug and play with the radio, run the RCAs back to amp and you're done.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
APSUB-CH41 is all you need. it gives you clean signal for amp with ANC bypass.
He still needs the updated uConnect5 harness and the description says it needs the APH-CH41 r.2 to function. Thats why I suggested he verify with PAC about that and what ANC he needs, they are different for the base and amplified systems.

OP
OP
G

gmuniz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appreciate the replies guys. The APH-CH41 R2 is $350 though, I was trying to avoid that lol. I saw this video on youtube mentioning you can get a clean signal leveraging the rear speaker wire using APH-CH03 which is just $30. It also helps that I have an LC2. I will report back and let you know if this worked or if the $350 plunge will be absolutely necessary.