22 ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erock230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 tradesman hemi 6.4
Hello ram folks. I am a roofing contractor in maine. I switched brands the past year alway used Toyotas tacomas and tundras. Wanted a 3/4 ton. Went with a ram 2500 it’s a 22 with 12k on it since I bought it in December. Last week I was stranded in a parking lot. After hooking up a trailer I jumped in my truck to find a warning on my dash. “Do not shift vehicle drive immediately to service dealership once you shift you may not be able to shift again”. Problem was it was in park. The dial was frozen it said “no bus” and had a red emblem “)z(“. In the screen where my vehicle data is kept and the head unit screen had the same warning. Called dealership they told me to shut it off and restart it. After shutting it off it would not restart. Had to be towed to dealer ship. There was a continuous grinding noise from behind the shifter dial or in that area even after the truck was off. Dealer ship has it. Any one else seen this or have any thoughts? Interested to hear what’s out there.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Rare a problem like this is reported, usually more along the line where a shut-off and restart will clear the issue enough to get the truck to the dealership. Repairs for such reported issue like this have been replacing the dash shifter, flashing the truck with an update or a new TCM(valve body). Overall the 8HP transmission have had very few reported problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45