2500 HD lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justtruckn

Reaction score
Ram Year
87 96 01
Engine
318 360 345
ok .. the old 2500 HD (8800 GVW) 4X4 is getting a make over. the frame is good and solid and there is No chance in hell i can afford a new one so im dropping a few grand into my 02 and il have a new truck. im adding a rear sway bar and the new rear springs got here as did the 3.5 in spring spacers and sway bar drop blocks for the front. i got them to level it out sence the new rears are going to lift it an in or 2 even tho there stock arc (3750 pound spring). and it always did sit ass up anyway.... i figure it will move the axle back just over an inch just enuff to mess things up. so heres the question.......will the swing arms and track bar from a 2500/3500 with the oil burner in it move the axle enuff to make up for the 3.5 lift? hoping to use stock stuff just to make it eazyer to replace if something happens and don't like the idea of using a spacer on the track bar. i always box in the stock swing arms anyway so thay will be strong. (and you should to btw). il go with the ajustable stuff if i have to ... just don't want to if i don't.

a90a441844329a50.png6fe735669aefc2d8.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
justtruckn

justtruckn

Reaction score
Ram Year
87 96 01
Engine
318 360 345
Ok ... It's in the truck.... And it sits nice even though I didn't put the spring lift in front... BUT ... It rides so much stiffer now.... Need a kidney belt when ya hit paint on the road.... Got a new bed for it and fixed the slow leak in the A/C and she got new tunes in it with a flip up screen sadnav and all that crap., When done she will have all the goodies a new truck dose at a fraction of the cost. Let's face it .... Our trucks have already been on the road longer than most of the new crap will ever live....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn