2500 lube points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Is it true that 4th gen 2500s don't have lube points? I worked at a ford shop for a really short time and their practice was all heavy duties get their front axles lubed with every oil change. I planned on lubing my front axle but don't see any lube points. Does anyone lube their own heavy duties here?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Is it true that 4th gen 2500s don't have lube points? I worked at a ford shop for a really short time and their practice was all heavy duties get their front axles lubed with every oil change. I planned on lubing my front axle but don't see any lube points. Does anyone lube their own heavy duties here?

There’s a sticker on mine saying lube front drive shaft during oil change. Other than that I have not been under my truck to look. Matter of fact I’ve only been under the rear. That’s when I installed my Solo Exhaust Delete Kit and tip

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road package

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Only one grease point...the front driveshaft double Carfax joint. This video explains exactly where it is and how to access it.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yep, only 1 point. Front drive shaft on the transfer case end. I just did mine a couple weeks ago.

Bunnywinkles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Go figure they have only 1 dang grease point and it’s the most pia **** there is :banghead:

I did it yesterday, it isn't a pain at all. Just slide under the truck, turn the driveshaft until you see the fitting, stick it in and pump. Getting the oil filter off was more of a pain, but I attribute that to an orangutan putting it on at the factory and the winch/sway bar disconnect being right where I am assuming access normally is.

Reactions: SyN

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I did it yesterday, it isn't a pain at all. Just slide under the truck, turn the driveshaft until you see the fitting, stick it in and pump. Getting the oil filter off was more of a pain, but I attribute that to an orangutan putting it on at the factory and the winch/sway bar disconnect being right where I am assuming access normally is.
Give it 10 more years on your body. It'll hurt just getting down to crawl under your truck :boxed:

Ylikessu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have zerks at upper and lower balljoints in my 2014 Laramie, so 5 lubepoints to do.

jss_seb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 2500 Heavy Duty 4x4 SLT with a Hemi 5.7. I was worried about my front axle not being greased because I do have a sticker in the engine compartment. The local Ram dealership and the user’s manual says there is not a lube point for the gas engine heavy duties. Can anyone confirm this?

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 2500 Heavy Duty 4x4 SLT with a Hemi 5.7. I was worried about my front axle not being greased because I do have a sticker in the engine compartment. The local Ram dealership and the user’s manual says there is not a lube point for the gas engine heavy duties. Can anyone confirm this?

I have a 2018 2500 Big Horn 5.7L 4x4, and it has the double Cardan joint with the needle grease fitting. It is pages 550-551 in the 2018 Owner's Manual.

I hope we don't have the same NC dealership.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Give it 10 more years on your body. It'll hurt just getting down to crawl under your truck :boxed:

Isn't this one of the reasons we have kids. I call one of my kids, they come over and grease that darn fitting and while they are here, I get an oil change too.

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
...and that is why I always have and always will do my own vehicle servicing.....

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...and that is why I always have and always will do my own vehicle servicing.....

Exactly. No one is more invested in the vehicle than the owner. This is no longer a world filled with people who, when entrusted with another person's possessions, treat them as well as or better than their own. Fewer people these days take pride in their work and value their reputation when they put their name on a completed work ticket. It's no longer a job done right. It's now only a job done.

jss_seb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree and I am glad I decided to research this myself. The grease fitting is there and it really isn’t too bad if you can get the angle right. Anyway at least I feel better about this not being overlooked on my truck.