2500 Order placed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bricknhank

Bricknhank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Crew Cab,
You can get wheel to wheel retraceables also, at least on the Limited Longhorn and Limited.

You can get 18's on the Limited Longhorn. That is THE reason I ordered that model instead of the Limited.
I didn’t see the longer wheel to wheel retractable on the website as I was building my many versions of the 2500

Yes on the 18” in wheels. Thats the way I ordered my LL.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Good luck on your order and timeline. Mine is a D1 with a ship date of 5/5. I have all the gizmos your dealer warned about so I’m not terribly sure how accurate they were in the game play. I ordered running boards, spray bed liner etc…all the stuff they said would delay. My order date was 2/28. Two months before ship date given was not a bad wait IMHO. I had another dealer try and convince me of the same. When I went to the dealer that I finally ordered from, I asked to see their order to ship dates for customer orders. All of them were within 2-3 months.

Last thing, the world is getting better with regard to chip positions so that helps.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Good luck on your order and timeline. Mine is a D1 with a ship date of 5/5. I have all the gizmos your dealer warned about so I’m not terribly sure how accurate they were in the game play. I ordered running boards, spray bed liner etc…all the stuff they said would delay. My order date was 2/28. Two months before ship date given was not a bad wait IMHO. I had another dealer try and convince me of the same. When I went to the dealer that I finally ordered from, I asked to see their order to ship dates for customer orders. All of them were within 2-3 months.

Last thing, the world is getting better with regard to chip positions so that helps.
Dang... I ordered mine 1/31 & I am in D1 but not received a build or ship date!

Downzero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered Feb 22 and still in D status. No fancy stuff, just a big horn night edition. No ryme or reason I guess.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Yeah, maybe so, maybe not - there are a lot of randomnesses; part of which I wonder if it's related to buying position? I didn't ask the dealer where I ordered because I selected them due to not overcharging the customer. But, I did ask them to show me how customer orders were performing for them. Mine is on-par with what they showed, if not better.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How quickly did you guys get your VIN? I got my VON right away, and thought the VIN got assigned within a few days. But nothing so far after 2 weeks.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
How quickly did you guys get your VIN? I got my VON right away, and thought the VIN got assigned within a few days. But nothing so far after 2 weeks.
The VIN was almost instant in comparison to the overall process. I was reviewing the paperwork, and I had VIN the first week, inclusive of the stock number. Truly, I was shocked as hell D1 and build dates showed when they did. However, on par with the other customer orders from this dealership.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
looks like if you order one now it will arrive about the time the '23 models will be out

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Doesn't sound like much for updates on the 23's, from what I've seen so far. But if there is and it's something I want, I'll cancel my order and get a 23 instead.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have been wanting to trade mine in for over a year now, but stupid me was trying to hold out until they changed transmissions. Finally got tired of waiting & ordered a 3500. Now I am stuck in this backlog!