26 to 32 Gallon Conversion Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Finally got the 32 gallon tank installed and updated the BCM to 121 liters using AlphaOBD. First fill up and EVIC now shows 467 miles to empty. Never have I had it register this high so am pleased.
Was a snap to install and thanks to scott_intx for the info making this possible. All the conversations with the dealer and the bone yards I was always told it can't be done yet 4 years later, here it is.
For those with the 32 gallon tank or those curious, there are a couple pics attached of the baffle. Not much really but it does work. Spring loaded divice that places pressure on the walls of the tank to keep it in place. This one was knocked lose during transport but I was able to get it fitted back into position squeezing it back down and sliding it into place. No picture of the baffle installed nor along the way as I had fuel and crap on my hands and continued with the install before cleaning up.
A word of wisdom. When the gauge is on E and EVIC is dashed for DTE don't believe it. There was still 5-7 gallons in there. Imagine my surprise when that second strap was release and the weight of it was then felt. Also, disconnect the valve on the charcoal canister before dropping the end at the axle as that wire will snap the plastic connector. Ask me how I know..
Whole setup is working just fine, the way it should have been built by RAM!

FT1.jpg

FT2.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO This is a very useful swap if you drive a lot. It also is much cheaper if you can find a 32 gallon tank at a salvage yard, instead of buying new parts from Ram. If you get a salvage tank make sure to double check the part numbers embossed on the tank to make sure you get a 32 gallon tank. A couple of us did this swap a few years ago so there should be plenty of information documented on the site, including this thread.
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey that’s great, what settings did you change with the AlfaOBD to make it read correctly?

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey that’s great, what settings did you change with the AlfaOBD to make it read correctly?

Changed capacity in the BCM to 121 liters. All there is to it.
Other than getting a new fuel level sensor seal, everything else was recycled from my previous tank. Was an easy mod but would be easier with two people but I managed.

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
IMHO This is a very useful swap if you drive a lot. It also is much cheaper if you can find a 32 gallon tank at a salvage yard, instead of buying new parts from Ram. If you get a salvage tank make sure to double check the part numbers embossed on the tank to make sure you get a 32 gallon tank. A couple of us did this swap a few years ago so there should be plenty of information documented on the site, including this thread.
Jay

Agree it is a useful swap. Have driven 100+ miles of stop and go city traffic so far and still reading over 3/4 of a tank. Looking forward to less frequent fuel stops!

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Changed capacity in the BCM to 121 liters. All there is to it.
Other than getting a new fuel level sensor seal, everything else was recycled from my previous tank. Was an easy mod but would be easier with two people but I managed.
I have the factory installed 32 gallon tank. Low fuel warning light has always come on with 6 gallons remaining. My dealer said when the 32 gallon tank is optioned the calibration remains as if you had a 26 gallon tank. Also states it cannot be recalibrated.
Can a dealer do the change to 121 liters as described above?

I do realize I am resurrecting an older thread. Would love to know.

B0BA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the factory installed 32 gallon tank. Low fuel warning light has always come on with 6 gallons remaining. My dealer said when the 32 gallon tank is optioned the calibration remains as if you had a 26 gallon tank. Also states it cannot be recalibrated.
Can a dealer do the change to 121 liters as described above?

I do realize I am resurrecting an older thread. Would love to know.

I was wondering when I fill my truck up it only really goes to "26 ish" when I fill up when the light turns on.

though my equipment listing says '32 gallon'

I thought I'd been had lol