2wd 4low switch from diesel performance products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As already stated there is a big difference from something simply not engaging and it breaking. I also guarantee if it was going to cause damage the manufacturer would specifically state it could cause damage. Going a step further if somebody accidentally pushing the button in the wrong order was going to destroy the axle every time the manufacturer would probably have some time of failsafe built in to the system, like if 4 low was already engaged it wouldn't allow you activate the unlock switch (shouldn't be too difficult to tie into this signal).
RAM says installing it, voids your factory warranty and your drivetrain warranty so there is that.

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As already stated there is a big difference from something simply not engaging and it breaking. I also guarantee if it was going to cause damage the manufacturer would specifically state it could cause damage. Going a step further if somebody accidentally pushing the button in the wrong order was going to destroy the axle every time the manufacturer would probably have some time of failsafe built in to the system, like if 4 low was already engaged it wouldn't allow you activate the unlock switch (shouldn't be too difficult to tie into this signal).
Bottom line is, I actually like the mod and am debating installing it. However, as with all things, it has to be used correctly or it COULD damage/destroy something. Yes, if you engage it a few times while in 4LO it probably wont be catastrophic but it certainly could and probably will cause unnecessary wear that will result in reliability problems or a break in the future. Same could be said for jamming your truck into 4LO while the truck is not in neutral. You “can” do it but it will cause problems over time. My only point is this whole post is use the mod the way the manufacturer says to. The OP asked a specific question about it’s engagement/disengagement and the manufacture provides guidance along with a “warning” and “important” notice. Those should be abided by if you are going to use this mod or you CAN risk damaging or destroying something.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bottom line is, I actually like the mod and am debating installing it. However, as with all things, it has to be used correctly or it COULD damage/destroy something. Yes, if you engage it a few times while in 4LO it probably wont be catastrophic but it certainly could and probably will cause unnecessary wear that will result in reliability problems or a break in the future. Same could be said for jamming your truck into 4LO while the truck is not in neutral. You “can” do it but it will cause problems over time. My only point is this whole post is use the mod the way the manufacturer says to. The OP asked a specific question about it’s engagement/disengagement and the manufacture provides guidance along with a “warning” and “important” notice. Those should be abided by if you are going to use this mod or you CAN risk damaging or destroying something.
Don't disagree with these comments. My main point was simply to show how things get way over sensationalized as the manufacturer has a comment that states "important" (again, there is a difference between "warning" and "important" IMO) because it may not engage properly under certain conditions which then gets turned into people making comments that you will destroy the front axle is you do this.
I'm not saying you shouldn't follow the directions or recommendations, but by the way it's written I'm not convinced it will truly hurt something and not just cause it not to work. Can definitely see angry people calling to complain the system won't engage. In the end, if you could cause catastrophic failure by accidentally hitting the switch at the wrong time or forgetting to turn it off, not sure I want that on my truck.