3/4 ton wheel bearing replace procedures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allenrench

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone
I need help looking for a good video showing how to do a wheel bearing replacement on my 1990 Dodge w250 power ram three quarter ton.

It feels impossible to find one specifically for my Dana 60 and Dana 44. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Sincerely
Allenrench

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i don't think there is anything major to the job. you just need the special socket to remove the hub nut on the front end. i am pretty sure everything on the rear axle comes apart with basic tools.

OP
OP
A

Allenrench

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pressing the races out

Hi again everyone
Thank you for your help with the other posts. I have a question about pressing the races out of my hubs.
So the inner and outer barrings are the same size and need to get one side out first by hand or is there a tool that can pass through one race and expand to push out the other race?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i don't know anyone that has ever had to replace them so i have no idea if they make a tool to do that

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
iT'S MANY YEARS SINCE i'VE DONE ONE . Like a good 10+.
But i seems to me like . There is a little V shaped clip . that push into .. SOMETHING''.. & HERE I can't remember but it keep some of the bearing to lock in place.. Now I've been in a lot of these . Chevys Dodge & Ford & even IH. FROM 1966 UP UNTIL 2000.. Nothing new than 2000... I'M OLD & HAVE A FARM so i've had a bunch of 3/4 tons.
Seemed like the old Ford had round V shaped to go over the Lug bolts . to help keep them in place . & If some axle have a cut or groove in them where the seal runs .. Then one trick is to buy a different brand of seal . Some different seal brands put that seal surface in another place. . This helps you have a new surface for the seal to run onto. But remember if you put the seal on new surface you may need to run it over with sand paper .
..... Ask around before you just tear into it ..
trying to say you some extra down time .