3.5” readylift issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donetti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I put readylift’s 3.5” lift on last week. I used the recommended tire and wheel size. 20x9.... 0 offset and 35” nitto ridge grapplers. I also used rough country’s speedo calibrator for the speedo and shift points. It also claims it works for the traction control issue some people get with the lift. When I go around sharper turns the traction control kicks on. Any ideas??? It’s also a unpleasant ride on the highway. It feels like the truck is bouncing. I’m currently looking for a shop to do an alignment but I’m having trouble. A few different shops told me they can’t do it without scratching up my wheels. Could all this be from my alignment being off? My understanding with the lift I used is all the adjustments are in the lower control arms and I only replaced the uppers. Am I wrong?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3.5” is a lot on factory components. I personally wouldn’t go over 2.5”. I’m currently at 2” and that’s with lift struts myself. Spacers stress out the ball joints and other components because of the angles and cause the suspension to sit different

OP
OP
Donetti

Donetti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Agreed.... readylift claims the new control arms are designed to correct the angles. I know a lot of guys have no problems with this lift but mine is a pain.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I put the 4" RL on my 18 Ram and my drive to the alignment shop was definitely different than my ride home. I have 35x12.5 (Mickey Thompsons) on 20x9 with 0 offset and have no issues. I would suspect the balance or run out of the wheels/tires at least in regards to the bouncing. Maybe get them re-balanced. As far as the traction control kicking in, that could be alignment affecting the wheel sensors. I have no idea why they'd scratch your wheels during an alignment, but I'm guessing that getting one will help your issues.

NateRam19

Reaction score
Agreed.... readylift claims the new control arms are designed to correct the angles. I know a lot of guys have no problems with this lift but mine is a pain.
I too have the 3.5 lift. I feel your pain. They claim it maintains factory ride. I beg to differ. You say you get bouncing on the highway? How's your headlights at night. Mine bounce like a bobber on a windy day. Plan to take it off and have a 6 inch put in.

OP
OP
Donetti

Donetti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Headlights seem to be fine. I only notice the bounce on the highway which I’m not on that often.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Calll a local off-road shop and see who does their alignments. What PSI are the tires?

OP
OP
Donetti

Donetti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Good idea... not sure on the psi. I bought them online as a wheel/tire combo. I’m sure the have too much in them. I was planning on airing the down a little.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
were they balanced before you got them? (thats how they came when i bought a set of rims and tires that were sent to me from 4 wheel parts in the states) i'd definitely get rebalanced if so.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good idea... not sure on the psi. I bought them online as a wheel/tire combo. I’m sure the have too much in them. I was planning on airing the down a little.

Check the PSI using the dash TPMS readout. Proper psi will help the ride comfort.

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I lifted my 15’ my local shop couldn’t align with the fuel wheels and 35’s without scratching the wheels. He said come back with the stock wheels and tires and we’ll align off that. He did, I put the fuels back on and it was perfect, I got a solid 40k miles on the Nitto’s with 3k mile rotations.

Wiendog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 6'4" bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put a mopar 2 inch lift on my 2019 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 and have been having the same traction control issues for months.On turns over about 50mph. Ram has been trying to figure it out replaced speed sensors,steering angle sensors .Any input did you figure yours out.

LaramieAdam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
I was just searching for issues with the ready lift 3.5, it seems like a high lift without adjust angles on the CVs and I was expect the ride to be worse with the lower arms pushed down so far

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Wiendog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
no I just had my dealer remove my Mopar kit and at stock it is fine .I am looking at the readylift 3.5 without using the preload spacer only the 2 inch top hat and rear 2 inch spacer.

Mike Mannino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Anybody have any updated comments on the ready lift ? I’m looking to raise mine and they are the only ones with a kit in this price range

Wiendog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put the ready lift with only the top hat spacer not the preload and the 2 inch spacer in the rear.Lifted my truck about 1 inch in the front and 2 inches in the rear.I have a shell and some tools in my bed.I am eventualy going to go with new coil over springs when they come out like fox I believe king has some out.I am waiting on Carli or Fox.

Wiendog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put the ready lift with only the top hat spacer not the preload and the 2 inch spacer in the rear.Lifted my truck about 1 inch in the front and 2 inches in the rear.I have a shell and some tools in my bed.I am eventualy going to go with new coil over springs when they come out like fox I believe king has some out.I am waiting on Carli or Fox.

Wiendog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi