3.5" dash speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im with Type, unless you start dialing things in with a DSP or some sort of EQ and amp your speakers you really aren't getting much out of the deal. If you want to do something about the doors being muddy throw some sound deadener in there and you would be amazed at how well it will clean up.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Car audio is for the most part completely personal so this is just my opinion.

First of all the Mopar Kicker 6x9 upgrades with or wo tweeters will fit the 2014 perfectly, plug-n-play. I want the sound system to be realistic, meaning it should come from the front of the listener...this is the soundstage. You should hear the music out in front of you and as far left and right of you as you can get it as well as hearing it as if you are sitting in the center of the auditorium. In most cases there is no point in even using rear speakers. They do nothing to create the situation described above. I'm of course not talking about subwoofers. Every system I have had before I purchased this truck had a component set in the kick panels....right down by your feet. The soundstage was amazing. You could not tell the left speakers from the right which is what you are shooting for. It's all about path lengths, the distance from the speakers to your ears. Without spending a lot of money on this truck you can add the 6x9's with the tweeters in the front doors which will put the path lengths from the tweeters on each side at more of an equal distance from your ears...not perfect by any stretch but a lot closer in distance than the dash speakers where the driver's side speakers is right in your face. I like having the additional tweeters in the dash to bring up the highs....a cymbal should sparkle...a horn section should have some bite! Also the 3.5 mid helps with vocals. With this setup you do not need to do anything to the rear speakers. I would save my money and just leave those alone as they will add nothing to the soundstage. Of course adding the 10" subwoofer to this setup is going to make it even better. Adding the 4.1 amp when it becomes available will be even more icing on the cake. More power is more quality to the sound, not more volume. It can really be a pretty nice system without spending a ton of money.

Like I said this is just my opinion. I did not expect to have such a nice sounding stock audio system when I bought this truck and I have been very pleasantly surprised with it and am having a blast upgrading it for very little money and effort (plug-n-play) as compared to aftermarket systems I've built in the past. It is not even close to what you can create but that takes a lot of money to do right and I have a lot of other parts and pieces I want to get for my Ram.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
See you Express guys are lucky. People stuck with the Alpine system only get mids lows in the front 6x9s.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah, my priorities have never been with sound. Only when I was in high school did I care about it ,and then it was just throwing subs in the trunk with whatever POS car I had at the time. I am definitely not an audio person and hate to spend money on it. However it is cheap and I was really impressed with the 3.5's, i have however gotten used to them and everything sounds balanced to me. I would rather spend my money on useable accessories or go fast mods. Being the audio is very cheap to upgrade in the truck I figured why not if its going to sound amazing, but from the sounds of it, its not going to be "amazing" its just going to be better.. and for that I'll save my penny's. Thank you guys for the opinions, it made me come back down to earth about this whole thing. I'll look back at this in a few months and say "man I'm glad I spent my money else ware".

Last edited:

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Don't throw in the towel! The sound w the Kicker upgrades might not be considered amazing, but it will sound pretty darn good!

i1ya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey quick question about 3.5in dash speakers. I have a 2011 3500 ram with alpine sound system and the dash speakers started sounding bad. So i decided to upgrade them to 3.5in infiniti speakers on the dash and they buzz during music and sound terrible. Based off other people upgrading them with some 3.5in is suppose to make it sound better. Any help? thanks!

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced mine with JL audio C2, and wasn’t impressed, and I amplified them so I didn’t have to worry about the ohm difference. I installed infinity kappa perfect midrange in the dash, and ran a wire to the center channel empty speaker and put one of the 3.50 JLs I had in the hole. The infinity kappa perfect midranges are your best option for dash speakers. They are $140/pair

Last edited:

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Hey quick question about 3.5in dash speakers. I have a 2011 3500 ram with alpine sound system and the dash speakers started sounding bad. So i decided to upgrade them to 3.5in infiniti speakers on the dash and they buzz during music and sound terrible. Based off other people upgrading them with some 3.5in is suppose to make it sound better. Any help? thanks!
Which speakers did you put in. The jbl Gx302 in both sides of dash and I have infinity 3022cfx in center and they sound great. The OEM system speakers are 2.4 ohm, the Gx302 and infinity 3022 cfx both are 2.4, ohm tested same as stock speakers. zero buzz, zero issues. Possibly check wiring is in phase?

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just replaced all of my interior speakers with the infinity REF series (doors and dash). Got the specifics from a guy onnutube "MOTORHEAD". About $250.00 total investment plus some sound mat that I just installed last night. My experience is that it is night and day difference. Crisp, clear, much louder, deeper bass. Worth every penny to me. But my tradesman was base model with no upgrades

i1ya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which speakers did you put in. The jbl Gx302 in both sides of dash and I have infinity 3022cfx in center and they sound great. The OEM system speakers are 2.4 ohm, the Gx302 and infinity 3022 cfx both are 2.4, ohm tested same as stock speakers. zero buzz, zero issues. Possibly check wiring is in phase?
Figured it out but really weird. So on aux it completely stops the buzzing and sounds amazing. But with Bluetooth it’s terrible and buzzes

ensoniqman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 345
For what its worth...right now MB Quart 3.5" speakers are $15.95 with free shipping. Got mine and used Metra 72-7902 wire plugs. Fit like a charm in 15 minutes in my 2011 Ram. HUGE difference in sound quality. Even if you want low budget, this might be an option for you.