3.6 Pentastar Throttle body upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tsundy94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looking to upgrade the throttle body on my 2017 1500 with the 3.6 pentastar and I wanted to know if the throttle bodies for the 5.7 will fit the 3.6? The only difference I can see is the orientation of how the TB sits on the engine?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a custom tune for your truck??? If not, I don't think changing the throttle body isn't gonna do much for you. There's not a lot of performance upgrades for the 3.6 engine. There's CAI, exhaust upgrade, RIPP coil packs, and a couple of supercharger kits.

I've heard Hemifever has done some custom tunes for the 3.6 with really good results. That's the route I'm gonna go in the future.

OP
OP
T

Tsundy94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you have a custom tune for your truck??? If not, I don't think changing the throttle body isn't gonna do much for you. There's not a lot of performance upgrades for the 3.6 engine. There's CAI, exhaust upgrade, RIPP coil packs, and a couple of supercharger kits.

I've heard Hemifever has done some custom tunes for the 3.6 with really good results. That's the route I'm gonna go in the future.
A tune isn't out of the question down the line. Ive been eyeing the K&N series 77 CAI and the RIPP coil packs also. I just figured the TB paired with the CAI and coil packs would give me a little something extra or are the TB gains negligible?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk