3.6 to 5.7 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alanslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok so i dont really care about power or whatever. but my trucks just about had it. shes at 298k miles. transmission shudders hard. engine has low oil pressure due to worn bearings. she overheats because the head gaskets just blew. its not really worth fixing imo. shes a 2015 ram 1500 4x4 3.6. my buddy just so happens to have a 2014 totaled ram also 4x4 all rear end damage so engine is good it starts and runs just fine. he said he would sell it to me for 3500 cash. thats less than what a transmission cost so heck of a deal. i just want to know if this is possible. i know id have to swap the pcm and probably the tipm. anyone know anything about this? or am i better off having a boating accident and claiming insurance *i owe 7k on this truck still* just looking for the cheapest option to keep this thing on the road

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see a future of problems. If it's financially feasible, I'd be looking for a new truck. I understand that not everybody is in that position. The price sounds good on your buddy's truck for sure but man that's a lot of work. What's the mileage on the other motor and transmission? I imagine you may need suspension and other things as well with that many miles unless you've maintained and replaced over the years.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think you would e better off searching for another 3.6 and transmission to go with it, even for the same money. You are going to find there are a lot of parts that are different between the V6 and V8 models.