3.6L Pentastar V6 - Performance Options?

What are the best performance spark plugs to use on a Dodge?

• E3 Dodge Ram Spark Plugs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMBUNCTIOUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL V6
Fellow Dodge family, :grd:

I have searched high/low and even asked my Dodge buddy who works for a dealership. Are there any real performance options/upgrades I can do to my 3.6L truck? Couldn't afford the HEMI, but there has to be some better options out there for me:

1. Looking for the best cold air intake to use (heard K&N would support it)
2. Looking for the best performance spark plugs & performance chip/programmer
3. Curious if there are any compatible performance intercoolers
4. Exhaust - I know the V6 is what is is, but I can make the sound a bit more aggressive there has to be a way - I can outrun an 05 Dodge Hemi in the 1/4, off the start is a delay (which I would change through a programmer) but it can haul ass with the 8 speed automatic!

Any help would be appreciated!

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fellow Dodge family, :grd:

I have searched high/low and even asked my Dodge buddy who works for a dealership. Are there any real performance options/upgrades I can do to my 3.6L truck? Couldn't afford the HEMI, but there has to be some better options out there for me:

4. Exhaust - I know the V6 is what is is, but I can make the sound a bit more aggressive there has to be a way - I can outrun an 05 Dodge Hemi in the 1/4, off the start is a delay (which I would change through a programmer) but it can haul ass with the 8 speed automatic!

Any help would be appreciated!
Some mods
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDRPTSealc

Last edited:

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Pick your poison and kiss the $300 goodbye. Won't do you much good overall.

Spark plugs won't be worth a damn without changing coils, programmer just search the usual suspects. Hypertech and Superchips must have one.

For what? You have nothing to intercool.

Weld in a smaller magnaflow muffler. Find out what type of input/output your factory one is and match that with a magnaflow, then have it welded.

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
from hat I hear k&n or s&b seem to be the best, spark plugs will only add power if the ones you have in there already are worn and actually making you lose power, an intercooler without a turbo or supercharger will add maybe 1-2 hp but wont be worth it with the extra weight. for exhaust, itll add power but the parts will probably be harder to find and there for a little more on the pricey side. but something I may add that youll probably like. look into an econoaid throttle body spacer. I have it on my 2014 avenger with the 3.6 and my hemi ram. its only 30-40$ it wont add a whole lot of power but youll notice a little difference. ive noticed both vehicles cruise a lot easier. for the money I think its worth it

2014Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you haven't gotten the V6 yet. Use the mod money put it towards the Hemi. Man these Hemi's with 8speed are fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I'm amazed how quickly every "mod the V6" thread turns into "get a Hemi".

Not everybody wants or needs a Hemi, and there's nothing wrong with pumping up the V6 a little.

Please, if someone's asking whether they should mod it or get a Hemi, by all means tell them to get a Hemi. But if people are asking how, they're not looking for "don't" as an answer. I'm a proud V6 owner, and I know that answer isn't what I would want.

Being entitled to say whatever you want doesn't mean it's always a good idea. :)

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Not everybody wants or needs a Hemi, and there's nothing wrong with pumping up the V6 a little.

Please, if someone's asking whether they should mod it or get a Hemi, by all means tell them to get a Hemi. But if people are asking how, they're not looking for "don't" as an answer. I'm a proud V6 owner, and I know that answer isn't what I would want.

Being entitled to say whatever you want doesn't mean it's always a good idea. :)

Good post man

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
I put in a k and n drop on aor filter last year, works great. I just put in the econoaid throttle body booster (spacer) amd it gave me more torque feel and gave me an mpg gain. These v6's are great on gas which is a plus.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I put in a k and n drop on aor filter last year, works great. I just put in the econoaid throttle body booster (spacer) amd it gave me more torque feel and gave me an mpg gain. These v6's are great on gas which is a plus.
Thanks for the review...I put one on too, but right after it went on, two things happened: I got sick for 2 weeks, and the weather suddenly got much hotter. So I couldn't get an accurate back-to-back on either power or MPGs.

However, I would swear for the brief few trips I was able to make before getting sick, it was much less likely to need to downshift from 8th up slight hills on cruise control.

shortydoowhap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I added the hemi ram dual exhaust but I swapped the muffler out for a strait pipe

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

shortydoowhap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Point being any exhaust that fits the hemi will fit on your 3.6

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had the same motor in my 2012 Charger. The AirRaid intake did help with mpg and was the only mod to the car. It sounded much better as well. Since my wife sold her car and picked up a new Grand Cherokee, the same CAI will be put into that also.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would be curious to see how well a 3.6L would react to a intake / tune combo.

My wife has a 3.6L Durango awd with the 3.42 gears. I am impressed with the pick up it has. I couldn't imagine a 3.6L RAM with 3.55 gear.

icywhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
get nitrous run a 55shot and be done not much to do with the 3.6

I think about the only thing ive seen for the 3.6 is and underdrive pulley and ported heads in all the time ive had my truck and i got it back in 05

Last edited:

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Nothing wrong with an intake and exhaust everybody likes to hear the motor. But when i see the phrase " i gained power and mpg with my super tb spacer" makes me feel like
f67498eb918f60ab574bb8e6a47ee343206b4995

But whatever its not my money keep stacking the tb spacers maybe the gains are exponential :roflsquared:

JustinH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 360
Realize old thread but look into Ripp Superchargers the one for the charger puts it almost on the same level for a SRT8. I know they have one designed for the Rams kit comes with everything even a tuner and tune that they have R&D. But the recommend getting it tuned further to get the full potential out of it. Buddy as one on his 13 se charger and it was keeping up with the big dogs in the club. I think there is a youtube vid of a ripps 3.6 vs a hemi and it smoked the hemi.